Plots, XP, alts, cubits, ya know what I'm talking about!

I think the developers need to find ways to better retain new players and make sure they can enjoy the game without feeling the need to level as quickly as they can whatever that might entail. Since they settled on 1 xp (instead of the 0 xp they originally proposed) they seem to at least understand that every player should be rewarded for their effort and the xp limit on the pies is certainly more valuable to a lower level player than an upper level player.

I am not picking, but you do know they changed this to 1 xp. James did add updated release notes I think it was yesterday.

The only way to make stone is to use an entry level tool and stone is the basis for a lot of building materials so until they offer an alternative, every level player is going to have to sue them. The use of AOE tools (an upper level item), is what provided the massive amount of resources that enable a higher level player to scale up the process (combined with teaching pies and the mass craft skill).

Edit: I guess what concerns me is the thinking that there is some need to prevent players from reaching level 50. This seems to sound like what happened with Anthem, where the developers specifically put in place required tasks that would take days to complete to hide a lack of content. The difference is in Boundless players need the levels to get the skills to be able to go to higher tier worlds, craft certain items, open portals and more. They also need the levels for the cubits to buy plots. Without plot, players cannot build and if players are not building then they are not buying building materials.

1 Like

I would quit in a heartbeat. I didn’t buy this game to have it limit me on what I can get to do what is promised and seems to be getting limited, which is Boundless, a game with no bounders And those who are new will learn that it does slow down when you hit level 50.

The less xp for making stone is limiting the builders when you realize that the builders are doing so to get stone to build with and plots to build on. You Have to have plots to build, plain and simple. Going up, out, down, it doesn’t matter, you will need plots and xp is the only way to get them beside using real money.

I’m not happy with the 1 xp but better than 0 and I don’t even build. It is limiting the builders and the problem is, many, not all, seem to do nothing but building.

There needs to be a way for builders to gain xp and it not require them to do things they don’t enjoy. Limiting xp as you advance is a huge no no, taking longer to get xp is already making it harder because as we advance we need to acquire skills to do tasks, make more items and many of them require lots of items.

And surprisingly, that can lead to needing more room, which leads to needing plots to build a larger storage area. I have a alt that is being leveled to be my crafter so my main girl can be my gather. For him to forge/craft I need room for him to have the machines. So, that meant I would have to add in another section and he will need different items than what my cooking alts needs. So, that will take up more room. Adding in another section would ruin my build, it would not fit what I had designed it for, so I used the cubits to get more plots to build his own workshop.

We ended up with neighbors who built a huge ugly sign, to keep them from intruding closer to me I had to use more cubits to buy up the plots. With the slower xp gain I now gain less skill points so have less to spend on plots.

They packed up and moved, now I have to gain more xp to get plots so no one else can move there. There is plenty of room around, why did they have their plots touching my plots? Why did they get up against to other players build? None of us were blocked in, but we didn’t expect that.

Anyhow, others can see the need for more plots even as older players advance, we don’t need less xp, we don’t less cubits and less plots we can need more for what we do as we advance. What you suggest isn’t boundless, it is making bounders. Creating a wall that stops advancement.

2 Likes

This continues to be one of the most confusing things in the game, to me.

No idea what happened in your case but I sure hope it wasn’t a new player following instructions that got hated on for griefing.

1 Like

No, it was obvious from what they had built the base of and the machines I saw in the base that they were higher level. The Warden went over and talked to them and asked them, nicely, and he said they weren’t very responsive.
The decision was to just leave them alone, not to be mean, say anything bad, just be polite to them.

Mainly, the people in the settlement left them alone as they never seemed to be there often. I never even saw them and have no idea of who they were even. I’m pretty sure they used the portal my son and I put up since it was close to them and I don’t think I saw the symbol for a portal in their base. The portal was put there for anyone to use, not just for the two of us, so we had no problem if they did use it, that is what it is for. It goes to the capital I think, or another large city that has a PS hub.

From remarks in the discord of the guild/settlement, many of us have suffered from a forced merge and didn’t want to do anything to anyone to make them feel unwanted, to suffer as we did. I just didn’t like a large sign of LED lights going off.

From my exploring the settlement, most seem to have put their bases a short distance from each other, so no one would feel crowded. And the warden was good to free up a section when my son put in the portal and we needed some plots to have the area wide enough.

Another member plotted the area that the players had and when I have the extra plots he will release them to me and I’m going to build a playground for everyone, LOL.

Many of the members of the settlement have plotted a lot of land, but it has been made clear that as we grow, those plots will be given up for new people, it is to keep us from having someone trying to move in and create problems. My son and I left Tana VII because of a forced merge, several of the people there left another planet to come to the planet because of a take over in the city they were part of, they are what are called the old timers, backers who have been in the game from the start.

I am plotting land as I get the cubits to have a nice size section, for a farm and to give to allow someone who wants a spot in that area, just making sure they aren’t real close to me, I want at least 5 or 6 plots on all sides between me and my neighbors, no more than 10.

I heard they are going to remove the xp from crafting rock to stones if that is correct.
Firstly i don’t use that method to level my chars a lot, so this patch doesn’t affect me much.
Also for plots, i used to buy plots if i need as well.

However, i do know a lot of players used to use this method to level up.
Also the most important is, when new players close to the edge to give up this game because they feel too hard to level up. When they come to us, this is basically the only tip we can offer them to speed up the leveling process, so they can enjoy more end game content if they want.

I really don’t mind if they remove this method if they really feel this is exploit which i really don’t care what dev’s feel about this method.
The point is do they provide the other way they feel it’s fair or normal way for players to level up easier.

I really don’t understand that there are so many new players quit within 1- 2 month, and most of them are low level. ( I think any one who has experience run the big city will notice only 5-10% of new players will stay till end game content. Base one my experienced 3 month ago, I invited around 30 to 40 new players settle in the town ,and teach them everything. now only 3 of them still playing.) Basically this is the major reason why the population now is so freaking low.

I notice some adjustment for other content’s exp increasing, but i am really not sure if that is enough for new players to feel it. I mean even we have rock to stone methods, new players still feel this game cost them too much time to level up. It’s not hard to imagine the population is going to huge drop again like the time when they decide to remove the bomb mining. Hopefully this time the exp boost in other contents are good enough to prevent this kind of situation happen again.

My suggestion is, if devs feel candy is a junk food and they want to remove it. Its really not a big deal. But please bring up a healthy food for people, so they can still growth without too much trouble. Especially for those young baby, don’t let them refuse to eat and pass away before they become adult.

And to be honest, if mobs give more exp, i believe people prefer to hunt and grind instead of crafting rock to stone at home…

3 Likes

Oo what’s this city? I want to check it out after work :slight_smile: