Poison status effect

I wanted to test the Emerald Slingbow

the max poison stack i could apply was 4

the dot damage was terrible and it deals damage every too much time, is it wanted?
am i missing anything, like an attribute that increase its damage?

2 Likes

Probably not, the sling is garbage. Although you could add extra damage augments and see what it’s effect is like :joy:

2 Likes

The affect is over time which isn’t very good, so long as you can avoid damage you don’t need as many shots. If you you can keep out of harms way then you just shoot them …wait … shoot them again …wait … shoot them again depending on their level etc etc etc and then eventually they drop down dead.

2 Likes

Currently it’s not worth the cost of materials, BUT when the centraforge update releases, all gem weapons will lose their effects. You will then add the desired effect to the weapon at the centraforge. It may be worthwhile to put the damage over time effect on a different sling, or even melee tool.

1 Like

I love emerald slingbows - when fighting a few mobs alone, I poison all of them and fight the strongest while weaker are getting damage (500 every few seconds).
Also my favorite for wildstock hunting on ice:

4 Likes

@GreyArt247 this is how to use it, but it takes far too much to kill a real one like a mighty wildstock and up to 7+ minutes to kill an elite one
considering that for easier mobs you can use any other gem slingbow to kill them…
i also tryed to poison them all (i was soloing meteorite core lvl 1 and 2 on volupto) it wansn’t absolutely doable :stuck_out_tongue:
also tryed to set on 1 specifically to test it properly… that’s why i’m posting this

surely the centraforge will put the dot damage in good use
meanwhile it will stay closed in the drawer :wink:

[edit: just wanted to know if it was something known, or if i was missing some info on possibility to augment the dmg via attribute skill]

2 Likes

I haven’t even looked at making any augments so I have to admit that I have no idea how good or bad they are …I hardly ever use my emerald sling bow because it takes ages …lately I’ve been experimenting with the hanging from a grapple technique and shooting wildstock with the emerald which wasn’t too bad but they’ve just announced that they’re going to bring in an update that means if you get shot by anything, spitter, cuttletrunk, your grapple will disengage …effectively dropping you into the centre of a herd of agroed wildstock …plus if stamina runs out your grapple disengages too … probably better to concentrate on speed and repeaters until they eventually get nerfed as well.

2 Likes

@GreyArt247 i just think the emerald is not balanced with other slings, it’s ok the dot damage should actually be low, but not “useless”

i do agree with what they want to do with the stamina and drop-if-hit as atm grappling dps is just annoyng…
i like to solo meteorites when i can’t do group hunt, i enjoy both equally BUT i find soloing is far more exciting, run and look around for good natural spots to use at your advantage, double jump on trees, grapple against cuttletrunks to take in front of the diamond sling and hide from spitters, avoid bombs and switch between my 3 favorites slings (ruby, sapphire and diamond)… I. absolutely. love it… it wouldn’t change that much to me, i m not looking for “easy things”, i want the need to use my brain while playng. the game for me wouldn’t be nerfed at all with a stamina related mechanism

@Havok40k when the centraforge will more or less comes into play? i might have missed that info - it would make useless to adjust the emerald sling if it’s going to appear in few days :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t want to create any expectations, but I’d estimate it to be in the test server in weeks, not months.

Hmm, does that mean my existing gem bows get worse until I can grind out the materials for the new crafting system?

I couldn’t tell you! I’ve not seen anything at all.

Aha, ok thanks!

God all me tools are going to be green as heck!!!

I really like the emerald slingbow actually, it’s pretty much all I use in hunts, I use it because it tells me which mobs i’ve tagged, and if I see the purple bar is low or missing, I shoot them again :slight_smile:
also it has a bit of a spread and shoots straight and pretty far. all pluses for me.

:fearful:
are you serious? where did you hear this? I thought I’ve been thorough reading every post and thread… if this is true, this would be catastrophic for me. these are the things that I always feared, if the grapple disengages for any reason other than user error or clicking the wrong button and does so intentionally, that will be my last day playing boundless.
it is such an extremely useful tool. I’m a builder, not a survivalist.

1 Like

Sounds like an iron slingbow @GreyArt247 :rofl:

2 Likes

In the “Release 192 Report issues here” topic, page 233 posted 18 hours ago (sorry, couldn’t get the link thing to work on my phone)

luke-turbulenz
Developer
18h
Dumaru:

“I am not sure if this is intentional or not, but the grapple now is decoupling once stamina has reached 0. Here is a video I made to demonstrate it.”

Yes it is intended. We saw people using a tactic where they grappled to trees to avoid hoppers and wildstock charges without worrying about the grapple detaching. Next change will be hits from cuttletrunks will cause the grapple to detac

2 Likes

do you mean… you only use the emerald and no other slings in hunt? solo or group? i don’t belive you :smiley: need to see it :wink:
it takes up to 7+ minutes to kill an elite with just only the emerald :open_mouth:

1 Like

I imagine if you are fast enough you can regrapple, as gem slings are fast enough when travelling. Group hunts however ouch this will hurt.

Solo hunting on say meteors. The easiest way to avoid cuttles is hiding behind trees. Though grappling was nice for spitters, they seem to bomb behind the tree more. For everything but the elite spitters, getting up close and moving around or behind them is the way to go, elites turn too fast for this melee fighting to be effective.

This change won’t effect my solo hunting, however the group hunts will become death traps without a few people healing/resurrecting and caving will become more dangerous.

2 Likes

Brother! :heart:

i belive spitters use bombs when you r covered cause of no line of sight and area damage may hit you (i ve noticed that too and i explained it to myself in this way)

2 Likes

I only use iron and gold grapples, I’ve never used any gem ones as I’ve allocated the skill points elsewhere.
I generally dodge behind cover for cuttles and spitters too and pretty much just use topaz and ruby slingbows for speed and range.
I can’t go on group hunts so that won’t affect me anyway but I’ll definitely have to be a lot more careful in caves especially over lava.