Poll: Are you tired of reading about Footfall and if it broke or not?

Yes, because it’s not broken. People are just looking for hand-outs.

3 Likes

LOL (10 characters)

1 Like

I don’t really care one way or another. I just wanted to see if others care.

Hand outs? Have you seen the price of guild buffs? Or forged tools?

Everyone says go to request baskets. With the coin being generated, there wont be request baskets for long.

1 Like

I think the only ones that can say if it is broken or not are the developers. They have the metrics to know what players are getting from footfall. They also built the system and had an idea how they expected it to work. I think with some of the timing requiring 5 days to reset, they are just reaching the point where they might be getting the data points they need to determine if it is doing what they wanted or not.

I will agree that once they have made this determination, it would be nice if they told the players.

3 Likes

The new Footfall system is working pretty well.
I recommend reading through the theory crafting being done in this thread and looking through the spreadsheet:

The system is pretty much uncovered.
It is a buff for low traffic beacons and a nerf for high traffic beacons.
I can see why owners of high traffic beacons are upset.
But it seems like that is how it’s intended.

4 Likes

Guild buffs, for guilds are not that expensive. Coin is easy to come by, and request baskets are meh. The lower the coin’s in game, raises their value for items. So while you may see numbers drop (cost in basket) the value of the coin you have raises.

I am biased though, as I have millions of coin and thus the more value a single coin has, directly influences my buying power.

By keeping single coins in value, it directly increases my worth. If everyone is given more coins through footfall, the value of that coin drops meaning yes you have more coin, but they are also valued at less.

Changing footfall does nothing, but lower the value of coin.

I came in the game after the money boom, The only way for me to create coin as mainly a builder was footfall. Its a sandbox game, I shouldnt have to mine all day and try to find a basket. I was making enough footfall, i could build and still create enough to buy the tools i wanted. After footfall has been so low, I cant without wasting time on other stuff that i dont enjoy. I know a lot of builders like this. some have left the game.
And buffs are expensive. Youre looking at it from someone who already has money.
Think about the others who some only creating 1-2k daily. for a 40-160k buff, and thats only 1 of 3.
I aint asking for handouts. But creating stuff that helps the game should be rewarded with at least some footfall to help cover tool cost.

3 Likes

our a social reward for people that invest into making others have fun :smiley:

So in attempting to decide if people are tired of reading about footfall, you created a topic where people can talk about footfall?

Good job. :smiley:

I guess the answer is obviously no.

2 Likes

Guild buffs are not supposed to be something an individual can achieve. It’s for a large group to work together. 1600c per guild member per week for a max buff is not difficult to come by.

but you only have maybe 10% of the playerbase that will donate to a guild. You cant calculate everyone into the same #. I wish you could. Just a lot of cheap people.

Gee, if only there was an easy way to make the complaining stop…

In all my years of online gaming, primarily mmos, not once have I seen a forum stop complaining. Even when being given exactly what they asked for. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Fair enough. But they wouldn’t be complaining about this. Don’t hear any whining about the “gem wall” these days, do you?

Each visitor, every 24 hours, no reductions, alts don’t count.

Complaining is reduced by 95% overnight.

Let the coin flow.

1 Like

Yes. it is tiring just how self entitled some people seem to be about the situation and the moment they get something less then what is expected they scream to the high heavens about it. Footfall is free coin for doing very little in most cases for most people

2 Likes

Sorry. You put in a “fix” to increase footfall and it effectively nerfs it further, people are going to be upset.

3 Likes

Not in so many words but there will always be something. Right now it’s guild buffs (which are entirely optional and we lived perfectly fine without them so far).

And that is part of the problem, as soon as everything they want is instantly achievable, people complain there’s nothing to do. But when things aren’t instantly achievable, they complain that they have to work too much for them. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

We’re just asking to be back where we were. We are not asking for the coin to rain on us. Nor asking for more than what we had. but taking a 50% hit on the main income is a nerf not needed.
FF, and feats are the only coin generators. After awhile the sinks are going to out level the generation and its gonna make for a not so enjoyable game.

1 Like

This statement here is the problem and i wish the devs will correct this, keyword being “Main income” it shouldn’t be main income, its unfortunate that it is right now.

Infact james nearly admits it himself i feel with the following statement

To reward players. That doesn’t sound to me like its supposed to be the main way of getting coin. So the devs need to fix this and add another way to get coin. I have made a few suggestions in other topics about how they can do this already.

3 Likes