Poll: If Rentable Planets came out tomorrow

Lol, oops, I misclicked a vote

And remove their beacons? Not sure what we’re being asked about here.

Yep, but in a ‘whitelist’ situation, removing from the whitelist is the same effect as blacklisting.

And in a ‘blacklist’ situation removing from the blacklist is the same as whitelisting. So you only need one or the other :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I said, its a computer/server terminology nitpick.

Nobody is reading what majorvex is saying. Blacklist for world access, whitelist for plotting. Two separate things.

6 Likes

I set up front & back end for clients, so I get it. Will I be privy to user’s IP addresses too then? lol

I would want a set of “planet” mayor perms, if I am going to rent a planet. Otherwise, I’ll just wait till a new planet comes out and plot on it. I don’t see a point in renting one if the only thing I control is the front door. Meh. :man_shrugging:

Exactly!

2 Likes

Oh, yeah that’s a possible configuration, from the few dev posts on the subject.
You should be able to configure access separately for all three things and have one be a blacklist and the other a whitelist, no problem.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’d only go for any privately owned worlds if they wiped the public world at the same time. Otherwise zombie plots would be beyond a joke. Most likely the current big cities would migrate to their own worlds.

Yeah 100% public world wipe would be a prerequisite - then I might consider one.

I think that would depend very heavily on the monthly cost.
If its like $5 to rent then yeah, that could be a problem.
If its like $500, less so.

Besides, people still need to use plots to stop regeneration even in their rented worlds (unless its a modified one), so it’s not like you have the entire world plotted just by renting it. Most people would still need to reclaim their plots before moving.

I wonder if planets will be different sizes than regular planets? Maybe smaller? Or maybe price affects the size.

1 Like

How about they just wipe what those who are leaving have built. I don’t intend to leave so I don’t see why my hard work and resources should be wiped just to please those that do choose to leave.

1 Like

That would work. But define “leaving”

As in leaving the public worlds to rent a private one

No one has talked about leaving official servers. No one has talked about wiping official servers either. Why throw in something no one has even commented about? To stoke up fake concern?

1 Like

What if Gleam Club morphed into renting a planet?

That way more permanent plots would be on a non-public worlds.

All of the regular planets, would require people to use beacon fuel - even if you have GC. If you want more permanent plots, you get GC which gives you access to your own planet. People choosing to live/build on regular planets wouldn’t have to deal with GC plots.

3 Likes

Private servers would impoverish the ones that are left? The fantastic thing about what we have is the sheer variety of scale - from mega malls to hobbit holes.

Would probably be a PR nightmare if people came to find their stuff expired because they weren’t in game to know about that change :stuck_out_tongue:

But you could leave a “house” on a public world but build a megastore on the private world? Have you left? Does you house get wiped?

I must of miss read this suggestion then?

I agree theres no mention of leaving and that was my Interpretation of concerns others had mentioned in previous threads about the population being diluted with private servers.

I’m just saying I’d only consider one of the options if at the same time there was a public wipe.

Edit: it’s a missing choice?

Expired? If a beacon is fueled or has GC, it should be left as it is, I suppose. If it expires, it expires, like it does now.

2 Likes