i hate that we lost the weather option
this blocks me from building seeing what i do
i think this should be an astetic option because
in my case its just working on my nerves and adds nothing to the game for me
i made this poll to see if people agree or its just me :smile:

• weather option off limits
  • weather option usable

0 voters

If weather is there to turn on/off by users, you change playing environment between players, meaning some will have it easier by turning it off.

Same for volumetric fog (I’m glad its fixed on for everyone).

I think game should be the same for all here - weather/fog effect working its magic on everyone.

It’s just we might think about fine tuning actual visual effect to make it playable - a bit challenging but not making game play too difficult.

3 Likes

I don’t like that we can’t turn off the fog anymore. This is what I see on Vulpto with the fog on.

4 Likes

yeah, nasharil is the same;

waiting for a fix, hopefully soon enough

2 Likes

The fog is why I don’t build on, let alone hardly explore certain planets. It completely ruins the potential beauty these planets could have.

3 Likes

For me, there is also a beauty in what fogs do. I was very ignorant on ‘fogs’ on a voxel world and the first time I visit Vulpto, I was greatly amazed on how different it looks.

TwistedFoot’s screenshoot looks a little too much though. That’s barely 10m vision range! :sweat_smile:

I think it would be best if we reduce the thickness a little say, 100 meters with clear view, 100-1000 meters as silhouette, and just completely fog beyond that.

I acknowledge that fogs bring up annoyances in terms of viewing the landscape, builds from a little far away from your position, etc. I’m hoping we could have some sort of goggles (with gas mask is a plus to give that ‘polluted air’ vibe) and probably a clearer view if you’re on higher altitude.

6 Likes

imagine snow on top off that :smile:
think about it

that’s a bug that followed some changes in lighting logic that were introduced lately and it’s being looked into - this blinding brightness will go eventually

when I put lanterns in a room in Nasharil, it turned into a supernova blast and I had to take them down; they will have to wait until the light is fixed

2 Likes

I know there is a bug with the lighting but it has always been like that for me on Vulpto even when I started playing back in March. I had to turn off the fog in order to even go to Vulpto. It seem s like there is a time during each in game day that the fog and light gets so bright that I can’t see. It isn’t terrible if I’m above ground but not being able to see is deadly when in the caves looking for rubies.

I love the weather. :smiley:

3 Likes

I voted, but now I can’t unvote :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not really sure how I feel about it. Yes on one hand everyone should be impeded the same way, but at the same time I understand people who feel it can be a bit much to play with.

You can unvote I think… If you click hide results and click the one you voted on

1 Like

Yeah I also understand their concern but on the other hand, we’ll be getting a lot of planets with and without fogs on 1.0 so they’ll just try to avoid those planets that they hate. Other players I think love the added atmosphere these fogs give. Also, as mentioned by the devs, these planets with fogs are toxic and are meant to be harsh so I think making it visually hard is fair as they are not really meant to be settled on unless you are ready for the extra challenge.

3 Likes

Weather is part of the survival mechanics. Gameplay is and will be increasingly linked to the weather.

There are (and have been) lighting issues that need resolving. These should not be reasons to disable the weather.

We still have work todo to link the weather with the biomes and worlds. We still have work todo to make more weather variations and degrees of strength.

If you don’t want weather then you don’t want survival.

Additionally - more dramatic weather is a mechanism for increased challenge. Combat against the same creature with and without challenging weather will greatly alter the challenge.

17 Likes

i want survival and no weather its possible :smile:
but now you explained i understand
will weather be in regions or same on whole world
cause usally in real life you can choose to live in texas or in alaska :smile:

1 Like

i guess this answers my question

2 Likes

Then maybe you should add some crafted items to the game so we can do something about the weather and still have fun, like sun glasses and fog lights. In my opinion, fun is more important Than realism nor ot being able to see.

3 Likes

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1190570666. Is it the fog or some weather effect that sometimes makes the caves on solum light up and distant parts glow?

Pretty sure that’s a bug with the lighting @Oggieogham

I gonna love this.

How about some exotic weather effects for exotic biomes? Adds a great deal to the otherworldliness of high level planets.
Some Examples from Final Fantasy 14 that I love:

Umbral Winds

Umbral Static

Gloom

tumblr_ovzal9I8G51tgmv3ko3_540
Quicklevin

tumblr_nmuxnkNqfz1tgmv3ko2_540
Tension
(Notice the little light particles rising from the ground? - My Favorite)

And what high level planet wouldn’t be improved by the additon of Meteor Showers?

Thank you for reading!

8 Likes