Poll to stop the weather

Speaking of meteors, they are in the game… I leaked the asset for a while on discord (gone now) but they are in the files!

6 Likes

People should see the planets like they are… If we don’t like the planets look with fog and snow and rain and haze and etc… then we need to complain and push to have the planets look nicer. We shouldn’t be using an option to hide ugly atmosphere planets like Nasharil.

2 Likes

I like the weather effects as it makes the world feel more hostile and unforgiving.

1 Like

I like the weather effects and always had them on. You can look through any of my videos and see snow and the other effects but I did have the fog turned off. The fog would be fine too if it didn’t come inside your sealed buildings and wasn’t so bright that you can’t see more than 10 blocks in front of you. So I just hope there are plans in the works for us to deal with the elements a little better than it is now. We can craft torches and have a skill to make it so we can see in the dark and we hopefully can get something similar to deal with the fog so we can see. I’m not expecting to see over a hundred blocks away in the fog but maybe something like 30-40 blocks away or similar distance a torch light travels in a dark cave.

1 Like

This is on Solum just east of Pixel Gate. Some brightness in the sky, but if I just turn slightly left, I get this: Is that the fog effect? or some other lighting problem?

I was able to capture a short video of it changing in and out repeatedly as I turned and moved around. If it would be useful I can try to get it to you.

That’s a bug

I would like it so that when I am deep underground I don’t hear weather on the surface.

As far as light being glaring and too bright… perhaps turning off Bloom in the settings could help out.

cant stay mad at snow if i see this

6 Likes

olmost 50/50 interesting :smile:
thanks for voting people guess we dont have final fog and weather yet so we have to wait :smile:

@james Sooo can we have weather/survival without the fps hit? There are more reasons than aesthetics for turning the fog off, especially. :frowning: I get 20-35 fps on Epsilo but only 10-15 on Vulpto now.

Screens for comparison, taken today with the same settings for all:

1. my base, middle of nowhere, Epsilo (mildly foggy, you can see motes in the air)

2. transfer station, middle of nowhere, Epsilo (clear)

3. outside transfer station, middle of town, Munteen (clear with chance of cuttles)

4. inside transfer station, Vulpto (foggy outside)

5. outside transfer station, Vulpto (foggy)

6. outside transfer station, Andooweem (clear)