Pondering about the Gleambow Racing Event

There isn’t much Information that I know about involving this event. But I am wondering about what kind of audience this event is designed for since it mentions „racing“. What are we racing against? Other players? or something else?

If it is mainly racing against other players (which would make this the 1st PvP event in this game), is this an event that newer players should even try to bother with? or are they just going to be ROFLstomped into the ground by the well established players?

Also I noticed the picture for the event seems to have a player grappled onto something. If this is a „PvP“ event, then how much, if at all, will the guild buff for grapple range and movement speed give someone an edge over someone who doses not have such?

With those questions in mind. That is why I am wondering if this event is going to designed for a limited audience. Or it will be designed with everybody, New players and old, in mind.

As per the news text it seems to me you are racing against the game as a group.
They are just meteorites who drop down some special, never seen before blocks (well colours at least) and we need to deal with the creatures quickly before a set time runs out. I also do think that that timer already starts when it drops so we need to race there quickly…

1 Like

Race to the end of the Gleambow! Starting soon, a number of spectacular Gleambow Meteorites will be landing on certain Worlds. These will spawn random base Blocks in random colours - some of which may never have been seen in the Known Worlds before!

You’ll have to be fast though - if less than half of the Meteorite’s Blocks are destroyed within the time limit, remaining Blocks will become plain grey, and no reward will be given. You’ll need a special Gleambow Totem to destroy these Blocks - craftable in the Workbench soon!

The Exchange will even include a spectacular Gleamicorn horn which we think you’ll like…

I think this explains it pretty well. What we don’t know if it’ll just be a huge meteor that has to be mined, or if it’ll be normal sized and spawn monsters, or both. The trail is probably going to be a rainbow, hence the “race to the end of the gleambow”.

The only other thing I know about the event is that you’ll need a Gleambow Totem to break open the meteors … http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/gleambow-totem

1 Like

Elemental Fusion? Was not expecting to see that used for anything Pre-T7 World related.

Not really for the new players then. Good to know.

Either that or it’s an opportunity for less new players to sell Elemental Fusion or Gleambow Totems to the newer players!

1 Like

Well hopefully they can do so at a price a new player can afford. thou since they are not used for much at this time. Hopefully the stockpiles some people have of this will mean it can be sold cheaply to them.

1 Like

Im amazed you guys haven’t figured out the screen shot I “leaked” the other day :male_detective:

I must have missed something. Where is this screenshot?

This one? I’ve been looking at it for a moment now and can’t see anything else than the weird campfire colour o.O

You mean the partial images you put on the forums and discord? Looks like a gleambow totem to me!

2 Likes

@rossstephens

Such a good image! They look like they are going to be awesome!!

Will they be able to be forged like another totem? I would love to turn one into my hunt loot stick <3 It would be so shiny!!!

1 Like