Portal freeze - Analyzing world data

-1515n -17se alt 65
Sorissi

Portal to local sorissi spot and to other world Maryx - stuck analyzing world data for quite a long time, over 3 minutes currently.

This is on the PS4. The Pc account doesn’t have an issue at all so this is not a local network thing.

This goes in to the convo being had in discord the other day about the way the game routes to the servers. The common theme in every problem is the PlayStation network and where it routes, not the ISP, at least this is what I believe and what seems to prove out time and time again.

Also to add, it took the PS4 account a longer than average time to load in again. This is the same problem people on PS4 have been complaining about for a while now, though it doesn’t impact everyone which is why we continue to try to troubleshoot within the community why this is happening. It doesn’t make sense at all why the PS4 routes a different way than the PC clients unless the PlayStation network is the real culprit here.

Just triple checked. PC account is staring right at an open portal while the PS4 account is staring at a blurry analyzing world data portal

Character in front is seeing a blurry portal, character behind us seeing an open portal.

(Issue resolved itself given enough time, as it usually does, however this doesn’t address what/why the problem is occurring the way that it does - if it’s the fault of the PlayStation network then perhaps something could be done there? It’s not enjoyable to wait 10 minutes for a portal to load)

Well just had this happen In game no portals would load for me yet my brother who is hardlined into the same router as I am had zero issues with portals loading.

Same planet same exact portals

Edit: ps4 for both accounts

My PS4 is hardwired now, and the PC is wireless.

Given you’re both on the PS4 I guess that rules out the PSNetwork but I guess only the team would know for sure

This is likely the expiring-chunk issue that players have experienced after exoworlds expire.

See:

1 Like

This issue has been around since long before exo worlds. I’ve posted about poor connections on the PS4 since I started. I just dont always have the time to get the specific info you guys need to address it.

I’ll be sure to update any issues that remain/continue after the update gets pushed out. I just don’t play the PS4 as much as a result of these things. I’d be thrilled if it’s the same problem that the exo worlds seem to magnify.

Minorengle seems to be offline at the moment

Yep, same for me.

It’s back online.

2 Likes