Portal that wont close

Hello! I moved a 1x1 portal one block up and then tried to open it but I think me stod on it and it crashed my client and now the portal is broke and I cant close it. can I get some help?

1 Like

this has happens to me. try to close it from the other side. also take all the shards out and it will close on its own in just over an hour.

i did take out all the shards and let it run out of fuel but it didn’t close

1 Like

Did the game prompt you to send the crash dump over when restarting?

Also, what are the complete coordinates of this portal? As the screenshot is only showing the X and Y values.

oh i thought you could see the cord on the image in the Debug info panel

yeah i think i sent the crash info

The screenshot was quite small, so the coordinates were hard to make out.

What day did you send the crash dumps on? Also, is your username the same as the name on your PC? As the information submitted contains the pathname C:\Users[your PC username]\AppData… This will make it easier to locate your crash dump quicker.

Yeah its the same username VirresSs

so its on Munteen 7 and the portal is at 614,73,-287

Thanks for the confirmation, we’ll take a look at the crash dump if you sent just the one.

I’ve had some crashes and so after that so sent more dumps but I posted right after I happen so the time for the post is close

We pushed a fix for this. Can you check if this is working okay?

No Still broken

the portal conduits that are connected to that portal look like this and I tried to reconnect but didnt work

Thanks for the update, we’ll take another look at the problem.

–edit: Fixed the issue locally!

Hey @virresss, the HUD reports that there is 3w of portal fuel remaining, and the portal block in the viewpoint is a “dormant” portal block.

Just trying to figure out a reproducible here, could you tell me exactly (if you can remember) what steps you did? Was this a portal you opened, and then immediately it wasnt working and got stuck in this state? (was there a server crash whilst it was opening or something maybe?) Or did it open perfectly fine, and then you tried to close it, but it refused to close and ended up in this state at this point? Or did it fail to close, and then you went to the other side and tried to close it there? etc.

Currently getting a snapshot of the world so I can do more in-depth debugging than looking at logs, but will still be helpful.

1 Like

yeah its some time ago, so I might not remember exactly. oh the reason it had fuel was when you asked me to test it last time I did the test with Oort too but forgot to remove it XD that’s the 3 weeks timer

I remember I wanted to move the portal down but don’t remember if I did and moved it up again to the same spot.

but I remember closing the portal then i opened it again but forgot to activate it so it became inactive. I hit “e” and activated it again, hit the block at the same time standing on it and the game client crashed, after that, the portal broke and I wasn’t able to close the portal and I also tried to let it run out of fuel and that didn’t work.

now I remember was going to move the portal down but opened it by mistake after first time i closing it, I think.

hope that helped