Portal Token duping? Is that a thing?

If I take a token from a portal block sitting in my beacon, is there any way someone can duplicate it? Like if I give it to them, can they make more?

I’m pretty sure you (or they) can only get them from the conduits
they’d have to have permissions though

2 Likes

Good question
If portal token is based on a position. And a player got it once (and noted the position).
Maybe you can create dupe by simply entering the exact position in a new token.

Nope. I was thinking about that. They can’t replicate the coordinates of this token.

1 Like

Can’t you add ‘custom co-ordinates though?’ to the locations list

They can duplicate the portal co-ordinates yup, but not the portal token. Co-ords just say longitude/latitude/height, portal tokens have portal shape in them aswell (1×2H etc). These can only be made in an offline portal if u have perms.

1 Like

Awesome! ya. I wasn’t worried about the coords. just the actual physical token being duped

Thx for the replies!!

1 Like

You can add a custom destination via coords but I don’t know how to add a location unless you go to said custom destination. What’s the work flow for adding a custom location directly to your location list?

Be somewhere (not sanctum) - press P, Custom destination, fill in the co-ords and alt

That’s a destination on compass not a location. Different mechanics for each. You can’t add arbitrary coords to your location list as you claim.

I was mistaken! I misread the header on that completely - just presumed it was locations :slight_smile:

I was hoping you’d figured out something I’d missed.