Portal Traffic Counter

Would it be possible to have an interactive counter built into the portals? One of the things we have to weigh is the cost of maintaining a portal. It’d be nice to be able to see how much use a portal is getting to determine if we want to keep it open. It would be reset-capable, or just “in the past 7 days you have had 10 visitors.”

16 Likes

I second this idea! I think its great. And very helpful for time management.

3 Likes

Simple, and yet ace idea!

This. ^^ Word count

Awesome idea :+1::+1::+1:

Me and several people have been asking for this longtime hope they do it you can put portals on alt plot and check the beacon as a workaround

1 Like

You can put the portal in a specific plot linked to a beacon and see the type of traffic income you get. That isn’t a great way but at least something some people do to decide traffic… I would assume, though, with the amount of portals that are available in the game currently because of how easy it is to farm Oort that traffic throughput is down for at least some people…

I did a pretty extensive post on portal traffic when I was running one of the 2 portal networks in the game. You can see the post below. I would assume in some cases most of the findings are still relevant.

Also add a Footfall counter to beacons. I hate trying to add up the money to figure out how many people ran by.
Would be convenient to just see a number without doing math. I know it’s a smaller thing in a big pan of updates coming.

Footfall generates 20 Coin per person entering your beacon, no? All you have to do is take the number of Coin you have currently generated in the Beacon and divide it by 20.

Unless you mean TOTAL number of people who have entered your beacon from the beginning, even if you cash in the coins. That’d be neat.

Brian, I think this is a great idea. It’s a nice little QOL update I’d love to see.

However… people could throw off the number a good bit by running back and forth through a beacon. I think it would be nice if the counter didn’t count a person running through if they had previously run through within a certain amount of time. (Let’s say… anywhere between 10-20 seconds?)