Possible griefer?

(copied from my post in general)
Ok so i have myself a bit of an issue, i have a new neighbor in extreme close proximity to my currently 2 weeks in progress build and i dont mind people living near me its just a garbage square green metastone hut with no roof and almost nothing inside. Is there any way i can get this player to move? i have plans for the area (its within 7 plots of my build) and it seems it was just built to claim area near me for the sake of claiming land. Any help would be appreciated

hi there,

It depend of the point of view. for myself, i started a little construction a month or so ago and day after day, peoples comes to settle near or sticked to my build. and now, we are a village.

each new player who has joined me gave me the feeling to be growing.

so, in this specific case, i don’t know the idea behind his tought but for me i was not considering this as a griefing.

You should talk to him and maybe he will be nice with you and agree to move away.

yah im hoping i dont need to wait a month just to get rid of the build, its very inconvenient with my current layout and it seems it was just plopped down just to claim land near me.

He just wants a friend man haha. Just talk to him, he might be cool, maybe you’ll bond. Maybe u are adamant about your solitude. But until private servers go up you run the risk of people ploppin down right outside your build. As long as he doesn’t block you from expanding there’s nothing you can do if he doesn’t want to move.

kind of a garbage system but yah ill try just talking to him if i ever manage to catch him online and see if he can relocate (the build is literally just basic green stone)

My first build was very similar. once i understood the game better i tore it down and remodeled. Looks 20 times better, still more to do. Everyone is new at some point

yah absolutely, ill just try catching him if hes ever online again and see if he can relocate a bit further away, i honestly dont mind people building near me i just assumed this game had larger boundaries in terms of how close you can build to others without some kind of permission.

Let me give you the benefit of my noob experience.

About a week after the PS4 release and new kid moved in near me. He wasn’t too close, but closer than I would prefer. His building style was also…well…he’s a kid. A giant pyramid of sand is not the best thing to look at (at least it wasn’t gleam).

But I engaged him. Taught him ways to make his build better. Convinced him to build “away” from me. He eventually moved, but he remained on my friends list.

Now, I have a second portal in my mini hub that leads to his place. Because of him I have someone to hunt with and he introduced me to others who I can hunt with as well.

So just talk to him. Offer to help him build if he moves further away. Build a road between your builds. I’ve found most people in the game want to be good neighbors.

5 Likes