Post-release Hub Concept

Hey guys,

Today I’ve been playing around with an idea for a new portal hub for when 1.0 hits. I imagine this being a very high floating platform. It features 4 regions just like Proz’s old hub, but since it’s gonna be for 1.0 it will have 12 portals for each region. Signs will make this place easier to navigate. It also has 4 spots for small, niche-based shops. On the bottom, it has the boundless logo for people to see it from the sky when beneath it. Here are some pics:

9 Likes

Bare in mind, 1.0 is said to release with 50 planets, or so :wink:

1 Like

Where did I get the idea of 12 planets for each region then? Must’ve heard someone in-game lol. Regardless of the number of planets, this is a good starting point to plan this out in advance and if there are indeed tons of planets for each region, what’s the best way to organize portals etc. Was thinking something along the lines of airport boarding gates, aka 1-12 EU, 13-24 AUS etc.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just a ~50, then it’d work. But then more can be added, which I guess works the other way too :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d plan on double that amount. There will be 50 non-rented public worlds and likely at least as many rented public worlds.

According to a discussion on this topic on discord with @james, there is not a set number of worlds expected at launch, there will be a number of worlds proportional to the number of active players at launch.

You can maybe set up expecting a 50 world capacity, but that is an arbitrary and unfounded number.

3 Likes

Also can be expanded as player base grows.

1 Like

Though I like the concept, maybe just split all sides in 3 and make middle third of each side a street with same design expanding infinitely on left and right. that way you can always add more if needed :wink:

1 Like

That seems to be the intention. I don’t really know where the 50 world claim came from, but it seems much more appropriate to base the number of worlds at launch proportionally to player density at launch.

@OmniUno @Havok40k Realistically, there will never be a hub with hundreds of portals, and that’s because it’s hard to keep track of them and manage everything. The hub would be useful for taking your to major cities where there are points of interest. Having portals that take you to the middle of nowhere doesn’t make much sense.

Now, considering there could be dozens of settlements on each world, each major settlement should have it’s own hub, managed by their respective owners. Each regional hub should be linked to a main one such as the one posted above. This way you distribute the responsibilities, thus less effort for everyone to maintain their own hubs. But an actual organized network should be put in place and I’m sure that’s exactly what will happen since people have already built major cities pre-release and know the drill.

3 Likes

I am confident that some group of people will be crazy enough to build a mega hub. I’m likely to be part of said crazy group of people at that point :wink:

2 Likes

Unifying the lost worlds of the Oort is not crazy, it is our divine purpose!

4 Likes

hey cosmin looks really good but youl have same problem as @Karokendo hub now portals look to similar for examples @Havok40k portal style works better and are themed (i know they are not planet themed ) i dont think that signs will take care of this problem completly

this would be perfect for 20portals in my opinion
could be solved by stacking decks

design wise its awesome im big fan
also the guild logo you made is top

when will we see some floordesigns wink wink