Posting pics to Reddit

Boundless needs a stronger presence on Reddit. I’ve posited many times that our demographic is well represented in their millions of users, and that I’ll tell people about the game when it comes up organically. Unfortunately I’m sure people instinctively check out the subreddit where there aren’t many screenshots.

Would anyone take issue with me creating a ‘Boundless screenshots’ profile to post pics from this forum? I would mostly just save pics from the two screenshots threads and post one pic/series every day or few days. Might there be any reason someone here would not want their screenshots posted there?

16 Likes

Nope I have no problem and see it as a good idea

1 Like

I wouldn’t have any problems with that. I think it’s a good idea.

1 Like

Feel free to post whatever screenshots I posted as well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect one for you!

5 Likes

A face only a mother can love… well after a case of 24 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I love you too :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I think if you are postin screenshots there you should think first what appealed To you In boundless… Chiseling? Building? Hunting? Graphics?
And try To go from there.
As i see it People are there To find whats the game is about… So you should think bigger than “i take screenshot of my mailbox” —> take pic Where People can see the whole build / city /whatever.

2 Likes

Post what you like. I have no problems with it

1 Like

I say go for it. I’ve got tons of screenshots. You can use any of mine. :beers:

1 Like

Go for it… don’t even care if you rip screen shots from my Twitter :wink: to post over there (not that it is much :wink:). Feel free to use my stuff to.

1 Like

I think its a good idea, will start posting pics and vids too .

Do you have an existing post? @DutchOfSorissi ?

@Buugi think you re right with thinking big in that case.

2 Likes

You can use anything of mine. :slight_smile: I’ve tried doing some posting there in the past but got away from it.

1 Like

great idea :+1:
I used to post a lot of exo world pics on the Boundless subreddit but don’t anymore.
Did recently put a few pics of apt’s newish build on Biitula but that’s about it.

more pics out there the better!

2 Likes

lol, the boundless reddit is basically non existent. for a long time i think major vex or some one was posting stuff to them.

but yeah that sub is basically dead.

Isn’t that literally the point of this thread is to talk about one potential way to bring life to that sub? There are plenty of subs that are held up by consistent posting by a single person, so why not try here?

1 Like

Ahh so that’s you! Basically the only one posting pics in the last year, nice work keeping the sub somewhat alive :sweat_smile::+1:

@Turrican2006 I posted a YouTube vid of my house on there over a year ago. I’m going to start posting more screenshots of my builds from my own profile but didn’t want to fill the front page up with just my stuff or the sub wouldn’t look any more lively. This new profile will make it clear that the pics are coming from a lot of different people.

@Buugi I’m pretty much just going to save what I like from the screenshots threads at first, which is a good mix of nature, architecture, build interiors, selfies etc. Will only be posting ones taken in photo mode, at least for now. I hope other people will eventually want to post new pics too.

1 Like

One thing that could be added perhaps, Boundless is 50% off now in the Steam Summer Sale, both regular and deluxe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately I chose a weird time to create this thread, as I’m dogsitting for the next week, but if it’s still going on once I start posting I will mention it in post titles until the sale ends.

1 Like

On a whim, I posted to r/gaming with some pics of Apt’s build

edit: actually it was a reaction to a pic of a minecraft build someone had posted and thought if peeps liked that then wait till they see some Boundless builds :sunglasses:

6 Likes