Power coils

my layout for coils

2 Likes

invisible ones? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ok so 3 layers of 3 on the sides giving you 18 and then 2 layers of 2 across the back of the machine? thats 24 then

9 at the ground and 9 in the wall and 6 at the top

1 Like

ah cool - and whats the space at the back in the wall? Im assuming the front is on the left where you came in from through a door

just realized you probably meant that space when saying 9 in the wall; I thought you meant the flat wall behind the machine

1 Like
4 Likes

Really nice idea with the big doors =D

1 Like

Ok, doors for engine maintenance is flipping brilliant. I may have to redesign my future workshops based on this method!

3 Likes

And that’s how devs ensured higher demand for doors.
They looked at game stats, realized huge decline in door crafting and decided to act. They said “let’s make the power coils awkward in setting up so people need a lot of doors”.

There is nothing more depressing for devs than an item deemed useless by players. Players have voted with their crafting machines and devs had to act.

EDIT
Maybe I could patent the coil set up as Boundmore Box. Or just the maintenance access as Boundmore Door. Or Boundbox and Boundoor. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I like Boundmore Door. It sounds like Dumbledoor.

3 Likes

Question: if you have more power coils than you need, does the wear on each coil reduce proportionally? (is it a shared value?) Or does each coil incur wear at the same rate regardless?

2 Likes

Good question, I was wondering that myself … I haven’t made any yet so unfortunately I can’t answer that at the moment, hopefully someone who has will be able to.

No because after u exceed 24 powercoils no stream connects the excess coils to the machine so effectively they will just be sat there no being used.

What would be an interesting thought, if you have excess coils and some need complete repair would the excess coils take over? As sort of like a backup power system :smiley:

Anyone know?

1 Like

each coil wear at the same rate