Praise For The Sound Design (Esp. Surround Sound)

I just wanted to take a split second and put out a very brief congratulations on the sound design in this game. Particularly with regard to surround sound.

:trophy:

I’m sure much has been said about the music in the game, so I won’t dwell, however, I will say that in a surround setup, the music fully envelops the arena and really does bring an extra oomph to everything.

Anyway, yes, brief.

I have an Atmos amp, and Windows is set to Atmos, but it’s a 7.1 speaker setup.

When I’m in game … the positional sound is insanely good. I don’t know if this is a side benefit of the voxel based game engine (I know sound/graphics aren’t the same!), but seriously … everything is exactly where it should be.

So I don’t need to look at the compass to know that something is behind me.

I can’t tell you how many times it’s genuinely helped me, in game. Seriously.

So … just here to say … kudos.

:slight_smile:

( i’m sure i may have missed stuff here, or got things wrong, not really bothered … might be back later! )

11 Likes

i got atmos too) well i hear cows sheep, and birds yet i don’t see any in game :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Not suggesting that you don’t, but is your windows stuff all setup correctly with the atmos app and all that?

It’s a bit pernickety, but essentially, I run it (as I’m sure you do) through my NVIDIA’s HDMI.

The pernickety thing is a real pain, though … I can’t go into it now (currently in another game) … but it can be a prick.

Also … nope … forgotten the next thing I was going to say.

1 Like

it is all connected as it should be, I’m more referring to background music that have animal sounds not related to boundless

1 Like

ahhhhhhh … i see …

but you get all the ‘npc’ animals, and stuff BLEHHH’ing behind you … or getting ready to shoot you, right?

yea xD
totally me
tenor (1)

always scared to get spit at from the back

1 Like

:kissing_heart::ok_hand:

Do you hear the hunters creeping in the back it Spooky

1 Like