Presenting Showroom

Starting from the problem many times I heard in chat who sells good grapples, or forged tools, or exo gleam, etc. And it’s sure that knowledge tab in game helps a ton but sometimes it feels short.

My idea, probably more towards helping newbies was to create a small area where congregate many vendors where they could display some of their work and place a portal to their main shop making it easy to visit.

So what I’ve done is create a small mall structure of 1x1 plots organized in several thematic rows.

Miners
Suface gatherers/hunters
Forge (woudn’t be great having giorgio, dub-t, vegapunk, … all in the same place :slight_smile: )
Food & brews
Raw blocs
Crafted blocs

Each row has 10 spaces avaible right now. I know 1 plot wide might feel too short but again this is not meant to be a mall, although you can build as low as you want.

I’ll give you some pics and would love to know how you feel.

What do you think guys ?

19 Likes

Reminds me of the organized mall, one of my favorite malls to visit before the shop scanner as it made it so much easier to find what i wanted! Very nice job OP, i hope it kicks off :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wish malls were organized this way, yes I use the scanner but I love window shopping for certain things, someone may have something I wasn’t shopping for and I spend all my money, ha ha, it should be nice if all malls did this and shopping was not scatterbrained confusing as to what row has what,

3 Likes

I like this idea, with a big sprawling mall its hard to get much exposure for forged goods. Where is it and what portal hub connections do you have planned?

1 Like

I wish I could rearrange my mall to look like this. And yes, reminds me of organized mall. Cool idea!

3 Likes

At first I will link it to TNT and probably PS Biitula, and will place several conduits to those who want to link.

I’ve choosen Cephonex Merika because it’s in the middle of several planets with high traffic, biitula, gyosha, Tana … so all the ppl owning a shop in those planets could open a showroom with very cheap portal costs.

Until I connect to the networks you can access the showroom via my shop at gyosha(KNK) there is a bg portal in TNT.

I’ve build my showroom to serve as an example, but I’m sure others with way much more talent and creativity than me will do it better.

I’ll try connect to networks today, meanwhile if anybody wish to create his own showroom just contact me here or in game to Hefesto and I’ll come to unplot you a space.

There are just two rules. You have to own a shop (preferible a consolidated one with stock) and you must open a portal to it at your showroom plot.

This way those who come here can really acces fast all shops and come back to try the next one if they didn’t found what they were looking for.

4 Likes

Good work! Cant wait to see who you curate!

First connections made.

The one at Ps Biitula is the middle one, still missing rename, but can’t reach anybody from PS :slight_smile:

Soon I’l try to make more connections,

Guardian portal added.
Paints row added I think they are very scattered.

I think this is a nice option to get some exposure in a well organized place for a very little effort as thats not like having another shop you have to constantly mantain.

2 Likes

How do you wish the PS portal to be named? we use the discord to take requests but you can send it to me too. if on discord go to #portal-network-requests

Thanks @SePras just did this yesterday and someone through discord kindly helped me.

2 Likes

Looks great and the name

Show 
            Room 

is great too. Look very good on the sign at the Guardian.

The more simple and catchy the name the better people remember.

1 Like

I love the category rows. Very nice.

I like the design too, very clean

Do you have a row for paint? And is it possible to place 1x2 portal in a spot to link to my shop?

*Update on connections open: TNT, PS Biitula, Guardian, Gyosha Mall

Right now I have:

A: Miners
B: Surface Gathers / hunters
C: Forgers
D: Food & Brews
E: Paints
F: Multi crafters / Crafted blocks

Initially E was raw blocks but then I though thats what miners got, so I swaped for paints.

Do you think this summarizes well our economy ? I feel a pure Decoration categoy is missing but not sure about it.

That fits on crafted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah looks like good categories.

Could I grab a spot in paint row and setup a little room with a portal to my shop?

ofc, in fact there are only 2 rules. Own a shop and setup a portal to it :). I’ll be online now so if you come to ShowRoom I’ll give you a spot.

1 Like

I am currently at work, will you be on 5 hours? That is when I get off work

Yes I’ll still be around, meanwhile I reserved first spot at Paints for you. See you later

1 Like