Pretty please help me fall in love with forging. [Heart Emoji]

What can I show you about my character stats that is making my forging experience so depressing?

I have never felt this lost in a game before, especially in a game that I have really made a part of my daily life.

For the love of Queen Maryx … I’m so lost.

2 Likes

Nobody loves forging. People that forge just love the coin they make with it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

be blessed :open_hands:

4 Likes

Oh you are such a charmer. :wink: I though for sure it was more than just about the money. But that is good to know. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you. I will study this document today and apply it ingame. :smiley:

Feeling blessed. Amen. :innocent:

1 Like

Yeah, the forge basics aren’t hard to understand, but it gets progressively harder to forge tools to specifics. Then it starts to become a juggle of vials, which I mean, does fit as a ‘skilled trade’ in a way.

1 Like

Oh, here I thought I was skilling my character wrong and having to rely on an alt if I wanted to keep my builder. Also very good to know. :grin: :grinning:

1 Like

I have a second set of skills on my main, specifically for forging. Though, I’ve been seeking to just make my 4th character a forger.

1 Like

Have to say i disagree… Im forging more than i can sell. Its truly satisfying and addictive in my books now i understand it!

5 Likes

From what I have read on these forums I gather its a love/hate relationship between the system. I wonder what I’ll be. :thinking:

I’ll let the community know. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just go in to it with a feeling of no forge is truly bad. A forged item, though not perfect at times, is still better overall than a not forged item.

There’s a lottery element to it and you can increase your chances of winning the lotto but ultimately it’s still a lottery.

Those who try to use the forging system for the same results every single time are the ones it seems most frustrated with it regularly.

1 Like

I love forging :grinning:

2 Likes

Very wise, I will take heed of your words, especially in regards to the lottery element, and no forge is bad. Thank you. :smiley:

The trick is to know when to deconstruct and start new. Dont push it. It is just a mini game. Be smarter than the game. Some point you will have to gamble. " I can level up the skill with 1 more turn. My defect bar is very high. Do I take the change or play it safe. "

There is very little routine to forging. It will be differnt most of the time. You will have a pattern you follow but you must be able to adjust on the fly to counteract any odd rolls you get.

It is common to take a pause and count vigor and stability and plan for the next 2 to 3 rolls ahead. Always plan ahead.

6 Likes

Forging is like brushing your teeth, nothing exitcing and not difficult once you got the process down.

1 Like

The only thing routine about forging is questioning whether or not risking that defect going from grey to level 4 is worth an extra rank of busy bee or durability or damage lol

2 Likes

I have smashed my mouse more times than I can count because of some @#$% days of forging …

3 Likes

I found that @Mayumichi forging simulator helped a ton.

Edit: For the link.
https://boundless.mayumi.fi/forgeSimulator/

2 Likes

I was frustrated about Forging when I first started, and then I found the guide @Cactopod posted. Everything changed after studying that guide. The biggest problem for me was not understanding the mats at all. The guide goes into great detail. I’m no master but I’m not bad at it. The key is really knowing when to use what, and why you’re using it. .

I would recommend using the guide and following it exactly how it’s written… then once you have a better understanding you can tweak it to your liking.

The other big thing is just having patience and the willingness to deconstruct. It can be time consuming and I deconstruct a lot, but in the end I don’t end up with bad forges.

I’m one of those who only forges what I need for my shop… it’s not my favorite thing to do in the game… far from it… but it sells well enough.

I could have sworn someone posted a link to a program that you can practice on… I just don’t remember what it was. :blush:

1 Like

I actually like forging. I don’t sell it. Instead I use it myself, and I give some away to friends. I find it calming.

4 Likes