Prices in free-fall

I am finding out that prices for almost everything are falling. Is this a trend since the beginning? Or are the prices oscillating with a very low frequency, such as several months?

Regards,

2 Likes

I actually wonder if I’m singlehandedly responsible for the Glowing Lamella crash. :flushed: I put Island Trees on almost all my T6 rentals and regularly slaughtered the glow caps on top… :smiling_imp: Along with the trumpet roots for the beans up there, great income! But while I didn’t get enough beans to effect the market, I did seem to flood the market with those.

Rentals might also have something to do with other decreases I’d guess, as they made gems and other stuff easier.

2 Likes

I think the Brown hunts are responsible for the bones

4 Likes

Not sure about hopper cores, but they did get silly expensive at one point so perhaps just a correction to the stupidity.

Most of the others are likely due to player numbers. When theres a lot of new players the prices go up a lot on iron for a week or two so they can make tools, then crash when the newbies start collecting it.

On the flip side, when lots of us take a break between the very slow content drops a lot of higher end items aren’t as in demand and supply outstrips it…exos are back now too so that’s likely increased supply along with rentals

That’s my utter guess.

Edit: when I took my break i bought out about 20mil of stuff just in case I didnt come back and I wanted the Cash in the economy, that might have effected things too as I did buy a lot of bones, kindling and inky. I know I had 120k of bones at least lol

1 Like

It’s all just supply and demand. There could be any number of reasons why the supply is currently outstripping the demand for all the items you have listed, some (debatable) contributing factors have been suggested already.

Things will always change based on the way the game is being played by people and of course their wants/needs will change too. Sovereign worlds no doubt have had a big impact, and I believe the melee update will too (maybe not so much as the sovereigns).

Some prices have stayed fairly steady also.

A few have even increased in value:

And some are on the rise again:

8 Likes

It surprises me that beans have retained their value, with all the extra ones available now from sovs. Good news for sellers!!

1 Like

Just because they’re available doesn’t make them any less of a chore to gather though. There are far easier ways to make coin than collecting beans, so it’s still not worth the effort.

7 Likes

So damn true haha!!

2 Likes

I think sovereigns definitely affected things. Also, I know for bones those were sold by Alwin and @alice for a really good price with infinite stock for a long time, so “blame” them for that one

Personally I take credit for bringing down the shop stand price from 150 to 80 :blush: thanks :pray: to cheap glue!

The game is small enough that one dedicated person can control the market for an item if they want to

5 Likes

Absolutely 100% agree there!

I remember a time when you could buy oortstone for 180 coin. Those were the days. Sovereign planets definitely lowered the price of certain items.

4 Likes

How bout the days they were lower than that :sweat_smile: i miss the 125-150 days

3 Likes

That must have been before I was buying Oort. I wish it was that price. Lol.

3 Likes

@Bethlehem your hunts for Sure
And i think since that time i stoped to buy dayly 40 to 50k of Bones because stoped marble Business. And i bought them for 11c each … Since These days price went down… Too much on the Market and nobody really buying numbers…

1 Like

I am happy that the price for bones going back to a normal price, a very long time bones was between 0,5c and 2c and the 2c was expensiv at this time. That makes it easier again to make glue and more.

2 Likes

I do agree that the prices of hunting materials in particular are dropping for sure. I think the increased popularity of hunts, combined with (at least it seems to me) a reduction in demand are certainly contributing to it.

2 Likes

I bet it’s because we’re getting more new players. But I’m also too lazy to fact check that theory so this was kind of a wasted comment :thinking:

1 Like

price information became much easier to access, the API’s was made available on request on the 20th of April 2020. So… from there on we went to 99% accurate data, compared to client harvested and uploaded. Larger market suddenly than the ones frequentet by the scanner(s).

1 Like

Its my fault for the rise in lucents since espers shop buys most 100coin more than the highest but hey miners need coin for tools so why not

2 Likes

Yes, your price is the increased one. So you are a part the “demand” side of the equation. On the supply side of the equation is the fact that we did go for a very long time without Lucent exos spawning.

I agree with you about paying more. If you want people to fill your request baskets you have to offer generous prices.

2 Likes