Private Portal

Sometimes we need keep some privacy - Prevent unallowed players to use this portal, and it will not show the mark on the compass

The “unallow” part is kind of catered for already… you can put your portal in a room and just place a lock on the door.

4 Likes

Plus! You can build a portal to fake people out. One that takes them to… A ROOM WITH A MOOSE.

4 Likes

You can’t stop those people who trying to dig in from the outside

I’m 100% certain you can prevent them digging in from the outside… that’s why we have beacons… !

6 Likes

Sure, they can try… But they won’t succeed :joy:

4 Likes

Make sure all outside walls are inside the beacon,
set the beacon to “strangers cannot warp into this beacon”
and no one will ever get it.

Would be interesting to know what ppl use private portals for.
I never came across a situation where i would have wanted one.

5 Likes

My roommate @GenocideAngel keeps a private portal to her mines. It’s in a highly isolated area and she’s got it locked up to prevent people using it to settle in the area. Though somebody dug under her floor to access it :thinking: I wonder who? :eyes:

It’s since had the plots adjusted to protect the floor.

2 Likes

Create a portal that sits on the top of the planet somewhere and is locked in a room – That will keep them from digging toward it. Then when you go into the room through the portal just use the black conduits to jump to your special hidden location where a beacon is set.

But the mark displayed on the compass still tells others: There have a portal, someone mark plot here, maybe a secret base hidden underground.

I don’t want anyone to know there’s a portal

They’ll also see your character icon through the walls running and then suddenly vanishing indicating you almost certaily went through a portal too, granted thats a little more convoluted than seeing the icon on the compass at all times.

Add a button in portal GUI: Not displayed this portal mark on other player’s compass.
It’s enough.
Don’t think about other things.

But then the portal gods can’t collect their tax.

Yeah I am not sure what the devs feel about not showing portals since that is one of the key parts of the game even if they are locked down and used as private.

Yeah one good feature would be to remove the portal from the compass if people set it to private, so people don’t waste their time trying to get there if they can’t go through.

This way people will only be looking to go through portals they can access.

Maybe just have it disappear if you put a lock on it…

But it’s not will disappear now

I know; I’m making a suggestion as to a way to achieve it using existing in game mechanics/assets.

With a lock on the portal, you wouldn’t need to lock it in a room, you could lock the use the of the portal altogether, and give permissions to friends etc.