Problems with reserved areas

So I turned settings so anyone can plot. My friend plotted last night the perimeter inside my plots. This SHOULD get rid of my need to give permissions. this is all a mess. Can someone come to us? 699N 1,310 68

I had to turn on so no one can plot and add him on his alts to give separate permissions to his main. Now it still says I have the reserved on his side of the perimeter. Says something about reaching 10k to plot for him to plot. Lmao. I’m dead. Devs please help. He Cannot plot.

This only worked for us if the person joined our guild and got surveyor permissions, along with the reservations being turned off.

1 Like

Lmao. Joined the guild? The hell.

Yeah, I really didn’t want to ask that of people. He tried everything else and nothing worked. That seemed to be the only way.

I think our system is actually locked - which is good because it works for us now - so I’ll take it lol

I believe friending the person works as well.

That didn’t work for us.

I got it. He didn’t join. I just toggled it on and off like crazy. Lol. BUT with the entire grandfathering in plots thing it must still keep that second row to the first owner. Even though he bought next to me last night. So I still had on the other side of him away from me reserved. This should be overridden when he plotted next to me.

1 Like

Yeah I did. It wasn’t it working. I had given him the permissions on his characters AND had the setting turned to where ANYONE can plot.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to unplot spaces 1st if I have them. Then do the other stuff so they can plot in the “oldest-beacon/plot” zone.

2 Likes

What’s the exact message that appears on screen?

If you turn off the Beacon Protection in the options then anyone should be able to claim plots next to your beacon. You don’t need to be in a guild, or guild alignment, or guild controlled.

• Beacon Protection off - anyone can plot.
  • Beacon Protection on - only friends with the Surveyor permission can plot.

What message is shown in the action log on the right of the screen?

I’ve just tested exactly this and it worked as expected.

If it is failing for you - then we need to try and work out the special configuration you’ve got.

I’m not sure why is started working. I understand it perfectly. It’s simple. But it was still registering as mine on the other side of his plots which was weird. Like his was not there still and my outer second row of reserved was still mine (over on now his row). I had it so anyone could plot. It wouldn’t work. I turned on so NO ONE can plot and added individual surveyor permission to him. Then he could after toggling it back and forth. We may have to replicate this in order to find it if it is indeed a bug?

I’m not sure anymore. He may have been confused about that. It’s exhausting lol.