PS4 Atlas not working

Hello the atlas on ps4 does not work properly. The fog appears for discovered locations making a fully discovered planet all foggy on the atlas. This is especially annoying as when i go to hunt for resources i have to go extremely far to a place i havent discovered as its the only hotspot i can see. while doing so i discover the location and making the atlas covered more in fog.

1 Like

Devs are on this one

I wonder when the patch containing this fix will be released…

Hopefully very VERY soon…

Yah it’s been pretty arduous trying to find anything. I thought maybe if I discovered all the regions it would show me everything. Nope. Home world is completely fogged over on the atlas. RIP

Welp, it’s Thursday tomorrow, and they very close to “promised” us the fix this week, so hopefully it’s right around the corner.
It is such a massive turnoff for a very large part of the game.

This issue will be fixed in tomorrow’s update.

1 Like

Nice! Is this update only for PS4 side or is the overall game getting an update? I have a PC and ps4 account so just curious.

Maybe I will go back to trying to play again. Such a huge “universe” of planets with giant worlds and feel completely lost most of the time. Not sure if the resource tracker on the atlas (PS4) is also broken or if I just can’t figure out how to read it. Put in iron ore and pretty much the whole world is lit up, but even with lots of cave diving, mountain climbing and digging I don’t seem to find much. Figured I was either not understanding how to use it for “tracking” or maybe it was broken.

I guess I should search the forums before asking, but is there a way to rotate the atlas around? Not just the section facing you? I remember being frustrated selecting a spot on a new planet because I was just waiting and waiting while it slowly rotated.

They are changing how to atlas works to make it a gradient based system :slight_smile: so that will help locate seams and whatnot.

Both platforms.

Just loaded after the update. Excellent change for locator! It should make a huge difference. Noticed that now I can’t put both orbs in my hand as they auto stack. May sound silly, but I sometimes like to see the real map at the same time. Maybe I am just a weirdo that way.

The Atlas sort of appears completely filled out for Storis II. I think, since I can’t rotate to see the back. Was this intentional? I have only discovered 12/50 regions. Was hoping the gray fog would let me know where I haven’t explored, but now I am clueless. Is there another handy tip to hep with that?

Sorry, this probably isn’t the right place to keep asking questions after answers. Just haven’t found a good intro video on YouTube. One the dude was driving me nuts with lengthy talking about nothing. Some others just started playing at beginning and seemed like they were finding things out as they went - no help.

If anyone happens to know a great video or site with a well done beginner’s guide, it would be awesome if you shared. I’ll try and search forums to see if anything already exists. Google searches seem to be useless for this game.