PS4 Controller Support

I just got the information that I can play Boundless on Steam via the PS4 Controller. That’s awesome because I don’t like playing with Mouse/Keyboard, I’m more the console person and love the Dualshock 4 Controller, and now I can play it like on PS4. :smiley:

Now to my question/problem:
Can someone from the Devs post an overview of the Buttons?
I figured some things out, but not all. What I know:
L2/R2 = Using items
X = Jumping
L3 = Running
Square = inventory/interaction/fast placing stack from inventory to storage
Triangle = inventory/open smart stack
D-Pad right = chat mode

BUT when I press L1/R1 it just change the item in the right hand. How do I change it for the left hand? Or isn’t there an option to change left hand/right hand different? Just both at same time? (I turned that off for mouse wheel and don’t know where to find the option anymore.)

2 Likes

Hold L1 then use the left stick to pick the item in the left hand. Release when you have the item selected. Then Hold R1 for the right hand and use the right stick. Although, this seems a bit buggy at the moment, works better if you hold L1 and R1 at the same time when you do this.

Other things:
X - Jump
Circle - Creep / Back
Triangle - Toggle Inventory
Square - Interact / Toggle Inventory
D-Pad Left - Open Chat Window
L1 / R1 - Swap Weapons [Tap] / Radial Menu [Hold] + [Left or Right Stick] / [Tap] Cycle Menus

Please Note: Gamepad Controls are not fully implemented, some elements are but there are still more features to be added. (Menu navigation instead of a cursor for a start!)

4 Likes

I am super excited for menu navigation.

1 Like

Thank you very much! That’s great. :smiley:

I hope you’ll take use of the touchpad in the future in some cool and unique way. This has so much potential and isn’t used very often in PS4 games as it might be. Example: Wiping a “W” for the wave emotion. :wink:

And I can’t wait to see the menu navigation. BTW I know it’s not priority but I just want to say it: You could use sixaxis as an option for the menu navigation. It could be like if you type a PS4 message with sixaxis, but you don’t have to use it and can use the normal way with dpad/stick.

SO EXCITED!

Does grappling hook have a release binding yet?

Down on the dpad I believe

1 Like

@luke-turbulenz Would it be very difficult to add support for a Xbox controller on PC? or is this against the agreement you have with Sony? :confused:

Have you tried it with an XBOX pad? Works for me on PC.

i have not tried this, was just wondering, will try it out now :slight_smile: thanks for the prompt answer bud :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries. Let me know if you can’t get it working.

1 Like

Xbox one works great I switch between both ps4 and Xbox one

1 Like

When the battery dies on one, you pick up the other and charge the dead one?

Basically, or I just feel like a different controller that day.

1 Like

KB/M Master race

I used to love controllers until i started playing warframe. had to git gud as havok40k’s meme would say.

still love controllers for racing games sidescrollers and fighting games like streetfighter or w/e… but i have to say for any thing first or third person kb/m is the way to go. Perhaps in boundless (right now) its not such an advantage over controller as we have limited controls to use period, so the controllers button count is plenty fine

WHICH I THINK IS A GREAT THING TO KEEP IN MIND :smiley: for the future of the game considering it will be on console is how to keep all the controls reasonably accessible to players using controllers at all times.

meaning access to crafting hand selection ability/skill/magic selection all at the same time etc