PS4 - wrong hand or both hands changing tools

On PS4, I have my settings checked to only change the hand for whichever button I’m pressing - left bumper or right bumper. But my character will at times randomly decide to change the other hand too. Almost died while grappling because of this; I was hanging and had to switch my right hand to weapon to get rid of a Cuttletrunk that was chipping away at my health. When I (RB) went to switch my right hand back to grapple, my left hand also switched and released the grapple. Fell a long way, lived with a tiny sliver of health.

Can we make it so you REALLY only ever change one hand at a time with this option checked…?

I can think of 0/10,000,000,000 situations where changing both hands at once is helpful.

2 Likes

This has killed me while grappling so many times that I’ve basically had to level to 50 twice just to get to 50

1 Like

My vote is just to remove the “change both hands” feature.

1 Like

I made another topic the other day, id like the option to disable this.

2 Likes

Sweet, it is painfully useless…

Aaah, I thought maybe it was remembering which tool you used last with what you were switching too and was trying to “help” you. I never paid attention and just grumbled and switched the other back.
Haven’t had the issue while grappling, but I haven’t been spidermaning as often since they made circle release as well.

Regardless of reasons, yes, I would rather my offhand not switch when I change my mainhand as well.

1 Like

I actually had to go in game and try this.
It’s kinda pointless how it just goes in a circle. Maybe if it went back to your previous tool, because I am constantly switching between shovel and ax, then I would see some use for it.
But since it doesn’t and I don’t feel like looping to get back to my tool, I voted for disable.

1 Like

Ohh yeah it does seem to do a full cycle lol… Hammer, Grapple, Magnet Tool, Stone Block, Food, Shovel, Slingbow, Axe… nope still can’t think of a situation where this is helpful.