Public Shop Stands

Right now, there is a big issue in big cities because people own land with shops that aren’t refill, so you look for the city in the search for a filled up shop.

A solution I think could work, is making shop stands public.

• Shop owner puts the share of the sale, and the minimum quantity of items.
  • Anyone willing to sell in that shop could place the items and set a price.

Shop owner will get the share when the sale is made and the seller the rest of the coins.

This way you could buy a land place a shop and leave people fill it.

It is how it works in real life, manufacturers send the products to shops.

Also this will make shop keepers to play with the shares to make sure they get the best revenue. Demand/competition will get into play and also sellers would look for the right shop where to sell.

6 Likes

I would like this. I had a similar thought some time ago:
What if you could link a request basket to a shop stand and that request basket refills the shop stand.
Given they buy and sell the same product of course.

That way a seller gets their profit right away and the shop stand doesn’t have to keep track which item is from which player.

3 Likes

Currently if someone wants to craft and sell to a shopkeeper they can do so. The mechanic already exists. Some of the shopkeepers have put in enormous effort to setup the shops, establish their reputations and setup networks of suppliers to provide the materials they need. Letting someone place items on their stands takes away from their effort and lets someone else benefit from it. What if someone places used items on their shop stands? the game allows this and then the shopkeeper’s reputation is damaged, not the person who places it.

As far as empty shops. I think that some people are not as active with the 1.0 announcement, so that is some of it. However, even if it is just a lazy shopkeeper or even one of the big shops where someone has needed an item and bought all of it before you arrive, I do not understand why is this a big deal? I have learned where the reliable shops are over time. I know where I can depend on the person running the shop to keep the stands filled. I do not want to run a shop myself, so if I want to buy or sell, I needed to discover the best places to do this. This is also part of the game, exploring.

3 Likes

Well, you could setup that in permissions, I mean, its a feature for someone that wants to have a shop because has the land and doesn’t want to rule the entire thing.

If you give this option as a permission of the shop stand you could have both mechanics.

1 Like

I would personally not be in favor of that. So then it is a race for prime spots to locate your shop. What makes this shop reliable? if all I do is put out stands and then wait for people to maybe put stuff in them for sale, how is this more reliable than an active shopkeeper who has an active supply chain? In this case it is up to the whim of unknown people to fill the stands. I think this makes more empty shops not less.

Another example of why this might be bad. . three people take plots in the middle of a city to set up shops that they want others to fill. Are you not going to have at least two empty shops? So now you have dead spots in your city.

Most shops are linking now through portal networks, location is unimportant to most of them. Have you had time to discover the portal networks and all the shops that are linked to them?

1 Like

Love the ide.
but the problem is just that the owner can break the stand at any time.
I think it would be hard to make a system that works for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

But I’m not saying you could not keep the shop yourself. I mean, I could setup some shop stands with public permission, and still have my request baskets and my other stuff. just if I can’t fill some stuff i get a tax for anyone willing to put it directly,

Is like having an “autosell request basket”.

1 Like

Why promote a lazy shop owner if your issue is empty shops? With what you are suggesting, it is in everyone’s interest to set up shop stands just in case someone wants to sell something from them. More empty stands not less.

Maybe the solution is to have empty shop stands regenerate after 21 days if they are not filled. If some one is going to be gone for longer they can always set the price at 9,000,000 coin. If the item(s) is bought for that and the stand regens the shop owner still came out way ahead. Active shop owners are unlikely to allow their stands to regen.

I do not see the problem the way you do, but this might be a solution if the developers agree with you.

Whilst I like the concept, I’m not sure how viable a solution it is to the given problem. To me I think this might create more problems than it solves. For example:-

• What happens if the land owner takes all your stuff / coin?
  • What happens if the beacon expires and everyone else takes your stuff?
  • Does the shop owner retain control over what can be placed where, instead of it being a mish-mash of randomly placed, possibly duplicated items?
  • What happens when someone fills all your shop stands with a bunch of grossly over-priced items that no one wants, taking up shop space that others could make better use of?

Only issue I can see with that is you then can’t use shop stands as decorative props.

1 Like

You can use the Portal Seekers Shoping node on vulpto we have over 30 active shops conected. just with portals so this means owners needs to refuel portals or it will shut down. that way we can get rid of inactive shops.

2 Likes

As said in discord. This is not a good idea. It would take shopkeeper element from the game…
Theres too much holes in this idea. As @Stretchious said. Im not surely the only one who thinks this way. You said on discord you have played 20 ish ours or so. Listen to some of these guys… they have played the game for years.

1 Like

Well you all made good points I see now what you meant. Maybe is good to stay as it is.

Thanks!

Welcome to Boundless darckonte! Keep the ideas coming :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the main point in my opinion is that his idea is already in the game, under another form, and @Kal-El already pointed out

There are even shopkeepers that are having, for example, a shopstand with sapphire hammer and down below a request basket with sapphire hammer… obviously anybody can follow any concept, so basically i might sell this hammer in the shopstand for 6k and buy via request basket for 2k (and few people or nobody will ever sell me theyr crafted hammer) or put up a real super mall with that hammer at 6k and purchasing at 5.5k

you can use some of the gears that make up the economy to build up a different kind of economic deal

absolutely yes :smiley: keep your proactive soul :smiley:

2 Likes

I would have to agree with your point on using shop stands for decorative items. My idea needed more thought.

2 Likes

I only mentioned it as I saw someone else use it as a centerpiece for a table :smiley:

yes portal seekers shopping gateways aim to solve this very problem using portals instead of owned property. Come to vulpto shopping center today!

you replyed to my awnser.you want me to add my shop port to the portal seekers Gateway ?

1 Like

It would be so awesome if the request baskets refilled the shop stands!

2 Likes