PvP?

Will there be PvP on the planets T7 and T8 ?

It may be worth it to do PvP between guilds?

My friends do not want to play this game because of the lack of pvp, if there is a partial pvp, online will rise

2 Likes

PvP is for the foreseeable future relegated to forums only, aside from the odd deathtrap or healing bomb.
Those planets are gonna be tough anyhow…
There have been some looong discussions before regarding pvp…I would link but at work, soz

Would love it if this game did but it ain’t happening. Sorry :frowning:

Plot V Plot - loads of that, and many tears :wink:

1 Like

PvP is a horrible idea which ruined Minecraft Multiplayer for me.

If there is PvP, it should not be out in the open like WoW and other RPGMMOs. Instead, maybe Arenas created by the players. Where a Player can place down a Beacon and turn the plots connected to it into a PvP arena. Blocks can be placed, used, or destroyed (So Machines, Shop Stands, and Portals can no longer be used, Portals will be forced off so you can’t trick people from a non PVP area, through the portal into a PVP area), not even by the owner. But players on the plot can be damaged by other players on the plot.

AKA, do that Trove does. Heck, if you can Copy Trove’s ‘Teleport through a portal, and do an event in a player created arena’, you could do more than pvp like trove yes. Races, Hide and Seek, Enemyless Dungeons to explore, and so on!

4 Likes

The Guild declares war on another Guild, for example through Guildstone. The second Guild confirms the war. And they can fight wherever they want.

4 Likes

I don’t think PvP will be in this game based on some of the complaints and dev actions i may or may not have noticed on the forums.

You can’t know that for sure. As some people may very well up and leave when PvP, even partial is put into the game. and again based on some of the things i may or may not have read, leads me to believe that the type of players this game draws in, most likely want as little conflict with other players as possible.

As someone who comes from two heavily PvP based games, LoL and EVE online. It would be nice to see some type of PvP put into the game. But I honestly don’t see it happening. Maybe 3 years down the road, Maybe.

1 Like

I dont know how many of us were around 4 years ago but they had a kind of pvp when they were first introducing plots. Special PvP zones that were built just for PvP

Couldn’t find it in English but this is what it was. They called it the thunderdome haha. Plus look how much better the game looks now!

1 Like

Man those were the days. Love me some Oort Online and 2 block high solid color player models… lol

4 Likes

I like the idea of being able to enable PVP as an option inside of a beacon. When you enter a PVP plot it can give you a short countdown before becoming vulnerable. PVP arenas would be a cool new gameplay element.

4 Likes

Gladiatorial arenas made with roman and greek influences. Yeah. That sounds like some cool player hosted events.

1 Like

I hate pvp in this type of game. Unless it’s 100% optional… as in not required to obtain Dingels which are required to craft endgame items.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a brand new or majorly improved combat system before pvp gets added. Point and shoot is extremely lackluster imo. However, what I have in mind would require a massive overhaul of combat and the skill tree.

2 Likes

I find when games get PvP added, it splits the community and the player base, as well as detracting from game development in the areas that originally drew in players in the first place.

If it was inevitable, I would prefer to see it implemented in a beacon-only way, allowing for a choice, and player control.

1 Like

I love PVP but (its my first vox game) i think this is not for Boundless. The people here are artists. Idk what will happen with pvp. And not forget the toxic chat on these games. A mess.

2 Likes

Pvp in this game could be fun if its kept in specific plots and areas. Go to the Coliseum if you want to fight and things like that. Could make for some fun minigames

From my understanding, from what I have read. They may be adding PVP planets + daily/weekly planets that break apart and disappear over time. These will be the PVP zones.

1 Like

Yeah that would be a great way to break up all the other play styles of gameplay someone can experience. There’s only so much of everything else before it gets boring. Gotta break the activities up with different stuff. It’s also why there’s a lot of demand lately for just more content to do in general.

2 Likes

PVP or not?! That is the question…

Perhaps PVP for medium high lvl?
And a karma system would be a great idea :bulb:

1 Like

My #1 problem with PvP in games with non-PvP elements is EVERYTHING gets balanced around PvP. Food buff + brew + max forged weapon that’s nice in PvE? Nürf because too OP in PvP. Enjoy shooting peanuts at the monster trying to eat your soul since that nice weapon didn’t balance well in PvP because God forbid we balance the two independently…

Sorry for the rant but I got tired of my nice Destiny guns that I used in PvE becoming useless because they performed too well in the Cricible (pvp)

I loooved Destiny PvE… but PvP constantly caused us to get pooped on.