PvP?

if pvp becomes mandatory, or stuff is gated behind pvp… that’s it for me… have pvp have it’s own system sure, or optional like arenas, or planets just for pvp that haven’t got anything better than a similar tier pve planet sure… but pvp should not provide advantages a pve player can’t get imo

3 Likes

Don’t want Boundless trying to be the next Battle Royale :joy:

2 Likes

On the contrary, I think it could be amazing to turn boundless into another battle royale. If we had beacon based pvp functionality, someone could set up a large beaconed area and if other functionality like randomized, cyclic, or one way portals were available, someone could recreate a viable battle royale. (other good blocks for this would be some kind of respawn location block)

The benefit of boundless as a game is the sandbox aspect of it. Make anything anywhere. My biggest complaint about this game is that it all work and no play, every play function in the game is just work function(gathering, building, hunting even) It would be really nice to be able to go to someone’s arena while waiting literal hours for blocks to craft.
If you’re gonna make us wait so long so constantly, you need to give people more things to do besides more of the same, there’s not enough toys. It doesn’t even have to be pvp, maybe just more functional blocks that don’t make anything or do anything, maybe chairs you can actually sit in or tables you can actually put items on(in)
Maybe more physics blocks(and being able to colorize the ones that already exist[looking at you, slides and trampolines])
Maybe a glider or a boat or pets. Just something dangit

2 Likes

No freaking way. No PvP, not ever.

1 Like

The community is already split over land rights.

You didn’t play World of Warcraft then… PvP was always getting unblanaced due to PvE changes :confused:

1 Like

I wonder why. It’s pretty straightforward; you own a plot or you don’t. You build wherever and whatever you want. You can’t completely encircle other players plots with your plots, or otherwise block them from access to their plots. No profane or insulting signs. Other than that, play as you like.

Sounds like maybe a few people want private servers (offline, and a creative mode), but then you remove the MMO aspect, and stores become fairly pointless, but people have fun how they do, each to their own.

Not true about the balance… Just need a player only stat called resistance… or something. (Like WoW, it modifys items and spells etc… and their effect on players and not mobs.etc

I want opt-in pvp. If that means I make an arena that has beacon settings to allow for pvp, then so be it. If that means there are worlds with pvp enabled on the whole world, cool. Either way and regardless of how we get pvp, it should be opt-in only so those who don’t want to pvp can avoid those places. In addition to that, pvp shouldn’t have any sort of special rewards mechanically for doing it. Those are things that I think the community should offer up for hosting events.

Personally I think the building of pvp arenas for people to host events with is probably the most fun solution to implement it. Can do all kinds of things, such as Hunger Dome events, with a coin prize or even item prize for the winner. The most fun solution to implementing pvp is the best solution. At least that’s how I view it from someone who often participates in pvp in MMOs.

2 Likes

I really wish we could get PVP planets… people can just avoid them if they don’t want to partake.

If they have 0 resources on them, that might work.

1 Like

I don’t understand why anyone wants this. There is no skill to combat in this game.

A waste of resources better used for ANYTHING else.

3 Likes

People on PC would have an advantage in PVP. (me included)

1 Like

It isn’t a waste of resources for someone to have fun. Who’s to say that combat won’t evolve and become more challenging as the AI of creatures becomes more refined over time including the introduction of new creatures with different range of assorted abilities.

Who’s to say that pvp related combat won’t have skill? I think what matters is having more pieces of content that people can possibly dive into or consume for their entertainment and enjoyment instead of doing the same two or three things day in and day out. I think it’s inevitable that this game will have pvp in some form or fashion since there’s enough people who have requested it in the past and still want to see it.

Whether there’s resources on pvp worlds or not is kind of irrelevant too so long as the resources aren’t exclusive to the pvp world. It’s kind of why I like the idea of pvp settings on a beacon because it completely eliminates that issue.

To each their own I guess, right? :beers:

There’s probably two questions to answer before:

What can I win by PVP? (and the sens of that in the game…except Boundless)
What is the real problem about that? (except your own opinion)

I think the game can be everything you want… so why not in particular condition for people who want that?
For the balance weapon, I think it’s the same problem in every MMO so that’s not a problem in my sens…

there’s more to dev before implement PVP in my idea

HAVE FUN