Pyramid community hub idea

Towards the end of the discussion of “Would a city built underwater work?” we started to change into another project I was looking at doing. A Pyramid that can serve as a community and portal hub.

The pyramid will feature several floors. I’ll go from the bottom up to make things easier:

-2 (underground/Basement). This could be where storage or a spark generator room could be. It could also be split so one side could be storage and the other be generation. Or a farm for crops that grow only in gleam light

-1 (Portal hub). Where people from all over can come and go as they please… We’ve all seen a portal hub so no need to explain things there

0 (Main Hall). Basically the base of the pyramid. Where people can enter before they go up onto the more important levels.

1 (shop floor). Again we all know our mega-malls, no need to explain the simplicities there.

2 (Machine floor). This is where people can use different machines to make things they need. They just have to bring their own spanner and repair the machine they used.

3 (farm floor). Where all the crops that don’t need Gleam light to grow will be planted.

4 (Final floor/Viewing platform). Where players can just chill or go AFK while also enjoying the view!

At the apex (tip or cap of the pyramid) could be gleam, blink, or something cool-looking to set it apart.

I would like to know your thoughts on it!

And yes…

Morshu can be made on top of the Pyramid just because it’s Boundless :stuck_out_tongue:

Do a Diamond or octogan pyramids are so old fashioned hehehe lol

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea as a personal build. Or a guild hub…

This is the problem with making it a community hub. To be able to use those machines, people have to friend you (no biggie) AND you have to give them permissions (biggie). Why a biggie? Because some new player is bound to take u up, load up their hard earned mats to process, and go off to errands while they wait. Meantime. another player u invited comes along, empties said machine and skirts off with their ill gotten gains. No records. No logs. No proof…

But do it, for sure, for u and some close TRUSTED friends to hang out and use!

2 Likes

Ok now since you’ve said that. It will be changed so that it can only be used by shop owners and those who helped originally build the Pyramid. is this isnt good this part can be scrapped and another shop floor can be added.

1 Like

Totally agree here.

1 Like

Octagonal sounds interesting, considering the more blocky look the game would give it.

2 Likes

On my first Sovereign, I had my house in a Blue diamond (Deep Azure gleam). It was 5x5x5. From the outside, it was a shining beacon in the night, but inside was overlaid with light tan and luminous blue marble.

Wish I had the mind to take pictures…

2 Likes

Just rememvee to be careful around the center area due to the mesh limit anything that counts toward the mesh limit will suffer the most in the central area since there are more levels there.