QoL - Unequiping Items (when interacting with storage)

Fixing these issues now, so far fixed;-

• Held item being cleared on opening the radial (Q button on PC) after keeping mouse button down while radial closed last time before
  • Held item got cleared when an item from an external inventory (e.g. storage, machine etc.) was added to it
  • Radial items (including the Held item) got cleared when moving items into an external inventory

These changes are going to need extensive testing (the risk of introducing new problems is high due to the large number of ways inventories can be modified) so probably won’t make the next significant release, but hopefully will be in the one after that

15 Likes

Excellent news!!

one thing I wanted to mention is that I hope it doesn’t change the behaviour of picking up an unequipped item in the radial and putting it back down in the same spot becoming the equipped item.
That’s how I change the equipped item in my right hand.
I know the default is right ctrl, but I’m a lefty and use the arrow keys so I’ve re-binded the right ctrl to open my inventory.
Aaaand I just realized I can re-bind the off-hand radial selector modifier!! (I thought it was only one modifier for offhand and was permanently right ctrl)
WOO! using this now! saves me so much time and so many deaths.

soooo, NEVERMIND!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
heh sorry for off topic lol i will shut up now

back to your regular programming!

1 Like

I was just giubg to post this bug.

Very annoying.

I wonder what causes it since I have never (knocks wood) ran in to it during my 500+ hours. Like, is there a way to manage inventory in a way that doesn’t trigger it and I’m accidentally doing it that way, or does it have something to do with different installations. Just asking if there’s a “workaround” for players suffering from it before the fixes hit live. I can only imagine how frustrating this bug could be.

You’re my favorite dev now. Thank you! Since the patch I didn’t have to reequip my loot chisel. Not even once. She just stays where she should be regardless of how many storage blocks I interact with. I can’t even describe how awesome that is!

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you for finally fixing some of these issues. I reported the problem twice like 2 years ago and finally happy to see time spent on it. I know you all have been busy but thank you.

3 Likes