Quality of life improvement: Skills

I’ve spent a lot of time testing and tinkering with the skill trees, and I’ve some ideas for some QoL improvements that I believe would enhance the user experience involved with the skill trees and changing specs in game, as well as allow players to try more various builds and specialized roles without having to level alts or juggle characters quite so often.

Firstly, a keyboard shortcut for confirmation. As it is now, even if you know exactly what skills you want to buy and in what order, it’s tedious and time consuming to allocate your skill points- especially after a reset! Having to mouse between the skill, the OK button, then back to the next skill is just slow. Allow enter or space bar to confirm a skill point so I can move right down the skill tree without having to wave my mouse around!

Secondly, allow the player to cleanse an entire school of skills, instead of just a single skill at a time. Yes, this leads to people being able to effectively multi-role on the fly, but if you only get one school cleanse at a time or per level or what ever in addition to the 3 cleanse points you can use on individual skills (would also be better if leveling awarded 3 standard cleanse points each time!) Then you can basically ensure the player spends some time in their new skill branch- so they had better use it wisely! I think this would allow players to better experiment with their builds to find one that works best for them all of the time.

13 Likes

YES!! I 100% agree with everything you said!
I never realised how much time it takes to re-spec your skills having to wave the mouse around haha but yes that would help immensely.
I have on many occasions had to spec my character in the middle of a hunt and those nanoseconds are so valuable! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d love of there were like skill loadouts

1 Like

It would also be nice to be able to “soft place” and move around skill points freely without actually spending them… and then do one confirmation to spend all placed points =)

This would allow players to to see what skill combinations are actually attainable considering how aggressive/limiting skill creep can be at times

12 Likes

That may be an even better solution.

3 Likes

Keep the skill system ideas and ‘wants’ coming!

After the Forge is released we plan to review and iterate the skill system next.

13 Likes

Get the forge here asap :joy: I neeeeeeeds it

6 Likes

Does that in include more potent inventory skills? With all the lovely new resources even well focused gathering can quickly overflow the current max inventory.

but i guess that is maybe more of a UI thing than skills

There are thoughts about dropping the inventory skills… it’s just causing frustration.

7 Likes

I was thinking it would be nice to have a fifth row of inventory :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It would just be nice to be able to have the full amount of inventory slots that a full inventory skill tree provides on top of what we have. That way we can hold a lot of stuff. lol

2 Likes