Quality of Life suggestions I would like to see implemented

1. Remember game’s window size if user plays the game windowed. This is especially important to me as a streamer, because I don’t have a second monitor and having to resize the game’s window so it takes as much space as possible while still leaving some space to see the chat is quite annoying to me.
  2. Being able to just teleport back into my home beacon instead of having to go through Sanctum first would be great as it would save few seconds each time.
  3. This may be already in the game, I don’t know, but a clock, either as an item or UI element would be nice so you could see what in-game hour it is if you can’t see the sun for some reason, to know how much time is left in the night or day.
  4. Better plot boundary visibility from the inside. You can see the outside of plot in Builder mode (B) easily, but from the inside it’s almost transparent. Which doesn’t really help if you want to know how far can you build without losing stuff due to regeneration.
  5. Being able to go from the item in the inventory to Knowledge for that item to see how to craft more (if you bought it from the store) or what you can craft with it if it’s some resource you found.
  6. Being able to pick up machines with long E press instead of whacking it with a hammer (which may seem to inexperienced players as if it would damage the machine)
  7. To switch tools in a specific hand, you first have to press ctrl (or alt) and then scroll. Like, why? Wouldn’t a pie menu showing up after pressing ctrl or alt be better? Since hand hotbars (dunno if they have an official name, I just call them hand hotbars) are basically pie menus already, just with awkward controls.

That’s all for now, will add more if I manage to think of other stuff that would be helpful.

2 Likes

I agree with most.
Point 7 doesn’t bother me personally.

As for:

Timer on leaving world is there to prevent abuse/exploitation. Doesn’t matter whether going to home beacon or just sanctum, without it everyone would just escape imminent danger to avoid being defeated.

2 Likes

This one is in there already - Hold Q and drag-click left or right mouse button in the direction of the hand slot you need

2 Likes

I agree that the visibility in builder mode needs improvement, but have you noticed the outline when placing blocks? If you are inside your plotted area, it’s green, otherwise it’s orange.

2 Likes

Change the colors of your plots. It can help a lot.

5 Likes

I like some of your ideas but can you also add on a request for a quicker beacon plot remover tool…so so sloooow :scream:

2 Likes

Basically you can… Just by using warp blocks.

If you suggest some sort of like “unstuck” button… Thats just no needed as it saves just few seconds.

If you want it faster than sanctum… Warp blocks are way To do it.

3 Likes

I don’t care about the teleportation timer, just the time you waste in the sanctum to activate warp to your home base (which is free anyway).

//edit: Another one: Make shovels look actually like shovels. They’re so similar to chisels that often I mistake one for the other and either mess up my shovel’s durability or wonder why I dug only a quarter of a block because I used a chisel instead of the shovel.

1 Like