Quest progress ignored; quest progress desynced between pinned and main list

After doing all the meaningful bits of World Gatherer Survival Challenge I, I was left with nothin but “Escape to a World that is Temperate or safer” in my pinned objective list. Finally! So I did.

Nothing.

When I looked my objective list, it said I hadn’t done any of the sub-objectives I had just sat down and spent an hour on. When I restarted the game, the pinned list agreed.

So I’m reporting two (coupled?) bugs:

1. Quest progress can desync between the pinned visuals in the upper left and the main log (‘j’).
  2. Quest progress can be ignored entirely.

Character is pnaxighn3. Screenshots of the two lists: https://ibb.co/Prbkwv4

I’m just going to post the screenshot here:

Although there’s nothing wrong with posting via a image hosting site, on some occasions, images may no longer exists on such sites after a while.

Right, back to your post. Looking at the screenshots, some of the tasks have yet to be completed, such as the active tasks asking to collect wood and foliage. If you accomplish these and then the ones in grey (which should then become active afterwards), does the last task then register?

If you accomplish these and then the ones in grey (which should then become active afterwards), does the last task then register?

It did not – that’s why I made this post. You can see that the pinned objective HUD from the upper-left of the screen noted I had done everything (hence why it displays “Escape to a World that is Temperate or safer” and nothing else), while the journal does not. I did a brief test after this and collected two trunk from the same world I’d used previously (Alnitans) and the journal moved to 2/5, so whatever happened is not consistently repeatable.

My only theory is based on the fact that I did most of this on “foreign” clusters (EU/AUS, and I’m in NA) – if the HUD is updated directly based on communication with the current server/planet, while the journal is stored on a home cluster, a desync between clusters might cause this behavior.

Anyway, it’s very annoying/disheartening to be told “good, now do the next bit” 6 times by the HUD on such a tedious task only to find out the journal counted nothing. I certainly won’t go back to do this quest again anytime soon.

Can you recall anything else that you did before you started noticing something was up?

Nope – my process was:

1. Read HUD
  2. Use portal network to get to relevant world
  3. Complete activity
  4. HUD strikes-out text, makes happy noise, explains next activity
  5. Warp back to home
  6. Goto 1

This process worked fine… up until “return to a temperate or safer world.”

I had a look at this and can see that there’s something odd going on here. When I completed the second, third and fourth tasks, the next set of tasks appears on the top left, but the previous three tasks were not marked off on the journal.

Then at some point after returning to the sanctum, the earlier tasks reappeared on the top left and meant that I had to do them again. This time, they were registered on the journal upon doing them the second time. So I’ve added this to the bug database.

2 Likes

Glad you were able to reproduce the issue!

Is there anything to be done on my end other than ignore this quest for now?

Nothing else really. It probably might work the second time, but as you have stated previously, you’re unlikely to try again for the time being.

1 Like