Question - How many plots are on a planet?

Kind of what I figured once I thought about it.

So that answer is done. Now have to get the original one answered.

You can basically count each plot as 1 plot for the whole mantle to sky limit pillar as only 1 person can plot in it. Would love to know the actual size of the maps, random ass guess would be 50kish blacks across. There is the one guy who built a ring around a planet, he would know the exact number of plots.

Iā€™m sure someone has done the math. @Simoyd (think it was you) might know because of the mapping program he did. Once we have the size of the map we can use the height and get the number.

331, 776ish? I may be off by a few.

Edit: per layer

1 Like

Going to say 336 as it is dividable by 8 336 / 8 = 42
776 / 8 = 97
256 / 8 = 32

So 42 x 97 = 4074 per plot level
4074 x 32 = 130,368 plots per planet

This tread from EA has some answers
:+1: :grinning:

That made it more confusing for me and really never answer the question. Or if it did I did not see it.

Do you mean character level or planet level?

The planet is a cube. The plots are the same horizontally for each level from what I understand. The circle is just a graphic tweak.

Honestly, your question should not be ā€œhow many plots are on a planetā€ but instead should be ā€œcan I plot the planet and how long will that takeā€ :slight_smile: Quickly followed up by, ā€œif I plot that planet, how many players will be pissed off at me that I annexed their settlement and took all the landā€

here you go

current static planets are 4608x4608x256 blocks so 576x576x32 plots. This means 331,776 plots for 1 layer (at any altitude) and 10,616,832 plots for everything on the planet.

7 Likes

Thanks @Simoyd that is what I was looking for. :+1:

1 Like

Oh man, im just shy of that number

1 Like

Sadly, I donā€™t think a payer would actually be allowed to plot a whole planet. Just throwing this out there in case it was a plan. Might as well get the disappointment out of the way early.

:roll_eyes::joy:

Challenge accepted.

Edit: Only 320k more plots to go!

Only 330k plots to own an entire planet? I think I have a new long term goal in mindā€¦

2 Likes

That was not why I asked. I just wanted to know how big a planet was, plot wiseā€¦but now that you bring it upā€¦

Doing some hypothetical mathā€¦lets say there are 500 regular players with an average of 2 alts. That gives us 1000. Each character has an average of 300 plots. 1000 x 300 = 300,000 plots. If we all decided to plot a T6 world that would just about cover it. At what point would it spawn a new T6? Is there a % of plots covered that triggers this? Not sure if this has been answered somewhere before.

I do think it is possible to plot an entire planet with the current player base. Be a great experiment to try.

From my understanding its not that it will automatically spawn a new planet at the moment, it will just send a message to the developers saying that the conditions have been met. We talked about this in a post back in September if I remember correctly. If we could people would have spawned many planets by now by jumping around and replotting.

Yeah but that kind of plotting takes a lot of time, coordination to do. Which is why I donā€™t think it has been tried yet.

But I see what you mean about it being the developers who still have to control it. I thought it was automated like when the last 2 planets appeared.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe there has been automatic planet spawning yet. The population hasnā€™t ever been to that point and they probably want to make sure we donā€™t try to ā€œpushā€ the limits during one of their holidays for them to come back to 200 some odd planets lol. Took me about 2 hours to place 3600 plots a couple of weekends ago, so a large group could probably pull it off if they put their minds to it.