Quick question about the reclaim

Hi guys and gals been a while since I’ve been on apart to fuel my beacon. Now this is where my question comes into it. I logged on last week to notice my beacon had just ran out of fuel luckily I caught it in time and nothing had been reclaimed or so I thought. I logged on yesterday to do abit of gathering etc to find my whole build is now gone apart from what lays inside one plot which my beacon is in. Soo first where did my other plots go?? And second with the reclaim can I claim anything I lost which was in the other plots that vanished?

You need to check on your new beacon of there is anything to reclaim

There isn’t a new beacon I still have 2 weeks on my old beacon. Or should I make a new beacon and see if there’s anything in there??

Oh you should be able to use that one as long as it’s the master beacon control

Yeah it’s the only beacon I have. I’ll take a look when I’m at home. Currently at work :frowning:

Just had a look now I can only claim the one plot so everything else I had before hand is gone for good by the looks of it

The moment your beacon ran out of fuel for just a second, it unplotted everything. When you luckily caught it in time before regen, and fueled it, you would have needed to replot everything again.

This happened to me once.

1 Like

I haven’t done anything with reclaim yet, really, but it if I’m understanding your post correctly, your beacon ran out of fuel (died) and then you added fuel back into the beacon controller, which truly only preserves the one plot that the beacon controller itself is in. You would then have to re-plot to protect the entire build.

As long as this was after the update, your blocks and items from the build should be in the reclaim system, i have no idea if refueling the same beacon controller affects your ability to access the reclaim storage from that beacon.

Perhaps the @Jiivita video here can help see how to access any items that were stored into reclaim when your beacon expired:

It might be helpful to create a new beacon and attempt to use the new master beacon controller to access the reclaim storage from the old build.

EDIT @Mittins posted while I was typing but yeah, it sounds like that’s what happened.

2 Likes

Oh FFS … Ok thanks guys

1 Like

Oh wow! I didn’t know that! Yikes! Thank you!!

This was only under the old system.
With the new reclaim system, once your beacon runs out of fuel there is no saving it.
All of your stuff will be put into reclaim storage and your build will be turned to ash at a rate of (might be wrong here) one plot per second.

1 Like

Actually I am pretty sure they added it, but havent tested it myself.

Testing 241.3:

Crafting + Resources + Equipment:

• Implemented the “fuel beacon again to abort the reclaim process” so that if you reclaimed a beacon by accident, you can insert fuel to abort. If you start a reclaim manually via the beacon-console, then gleam-club continues to be ignored.

and

If a beacon expires naturally, and you don’t have Gleam Club, but you buy Gleam Club before it finishes reclaiming, then the beacon reclaim will be aborted within 30 seconds, or faster if on your current world.

Edit: here is the post, for some reason my quote messed it up tabbing windows.

4 Likes

Oh, sweet! I didn’t see that part.
Cheers for clearing that one up :smile:

Depending if it was after or before the release of the reclaim features. If it was prior the reclaim feature its pretty much what @Mittins said.

If it was after reclaim feature, if you refuel your beacon it should just stop the current reclaim and you should not have to replot it since it unplot ones the reclaim is completed.

1 Like

Thanks for the replys guys. I’m guessing it was just before the update as there was nothing for me to collect. Taking a break at the moment but I’ll be back once I’ve got some inspiration for builds etc