Quirk animation bug

This happens when holding a quirky tool in my left hand and building with blocks in my right.

With a full stack of blocks, every time the ‘100’ runs out and starts a fresh 100, the quirk animation triggers.

Hope my description makes sense.

What Quirks do you have on the tool?

That sinking feeling and random noises

It happens with any stacked item in other hand, was using beacon plotters just now, and everytime it moved to the next plotter the animation triggered as well.

Oh, sorry, realise I forgot to ask for a screenshot showing the stats on your tool. Are you able to provide that as well?

Just tested with a different char, tool and block placement with same results.

Will post screenshots of tool in a few minutes.

I can see that you have the Random Noises quirk, which makes Forged Gear sound quirky when it’s used, plus That Sinking Feeling quirk, which makes the character sink in water, but increases the air. I’ll have a go at forging tools with these quirks, although it may take a while due to the random nature of the forge. While I’m trying to carry this out, you originally said that the quirk animation is triggered. Which animation is it?

Its when it says the name is the quirk, like when you first equip the tool.

This makes me inclined to think it happens with any tool and any quirk!

@vdragon I have a gleambow totem with those 2 quirks and the food quirk but result is the same.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get a smartstack that looks somewhat like this
    20190408190957_1
  2. Carry quirk item in one hand (left in my test) and smartstack from step 1 in other.
  3. Place blocks (in this case 4) to trigger animation on switch to next stack of 100.
    Resulting in this directly after block 4 is placed:
1 Like

That’s the same as me!

Ah, I see what’s going on here, it’s much more clearer in the screenshot. So the VFX for the forged tool is being played when you have exhausted a single stack from the smart stack. Thanks for the screenshots, I’ll add this to the database.

1 Like