Reached storage capacity

To be fair, every sandbox has its walls. Heck those green turtle :turtle: sand boxes even have lids :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes I am the mesh police because I need to know every single block that counts toward it to plan for it…

3 Likes

I know Countless people who are fine with the limit.

1 Like

I’m not the one speaking for everyone saying “it is not too low” when it clearly is for some people. Yes I understand some people are fine with it but a lot of people aren’t. Not even sure why I responded to you. It’s a huge red flag when someone leads off their first post with an insult(which was based on an incorrect assumption might I add).

1 Like

I didnt said in any point i speak for everyone this is a forum where everyone in community can reply to a topic or have i misunderstood something here?

2 Likes

uJCZXpZzCtvI4

8 Likes

No two Boundless players are the same… we will never agree on anything, and that’s ok!

4 Likes

That’s the real truth!

You should make your storage longer, possibly hide it underground a little as a long set of corridors between the 20 chunks, in that case.

It’ll fix your storage woes with ease, I’m sure.

Plus, I mean, the mesh limit is there for a very good reason.
Even the devs have said its a little low, but they’d rather have it start lower, than risk having to scale it (and what is already placed) down.

If it was too high, you’d get server issues and heavy loading times.

2 Likes

I don’t have an issue with my storage it’s just too much walking when I’d rather build upwards and have more floors. I did plan accordingly but my point is it’s not how I want to build.

It’s kind of an arcane system, especially when trying to locate chunks in the debugger, so I wouldn’t say people are necessarily dumb for hitting mesh limit. It is manageable though so no need to panic. One tip already given is to use plinths for storage since they take up 1/4 the meshes storage blocks do (I think, I defer to others on that one). Another good tip is to build your tall storage tower (or whatever you’re trying to mesh the heck out of) at the intersection of 4 chunks, which will give you 4 x the normal mesh limit. GL y’all :+1:

2 Likes

As nice as shop stands are, if you just want mass storage of whatever (non-filtered) buy baskets do a better job as they dont get locked into a single item type… just FYI :slight_smile:

4 Likes

cant ya bypass mesh limit with alt plots ?

nope, mesh limit belongs to the chunk, not the character… so dont share a chunk with 3 other gleam towers lol.

2 Likes

what do you guys mean with a chunk

Guess that makes me an idiot then @Buugi :joy::joy::joy:.

In all honesty the chunk’s mesh limit isn’t something to really worry about unless you’re a vertical or compact builder or you’re locked into a 2x2 plot area in a city (in which case you’ll probably want your main base/storage area elsewhere). IIRC it’s 500 blocks worth of interactable objects, which includes coils.

1 Like

@james In a future update. It would be nice to have a red line in plot view showing where the chucks are. I don’t think there’s a debug on the PS4.

4 Likes

“NO.” Says the man in Moscow. “IT BELONGS IN THE HANDS OF THE PEOPLE!”

1 Like

would be better to have a better storage method worked into game

Ok, I think I had a misconception about chunks. I thought they were cubes, but they are tall tall 2x2x32 rectangles. If I’m understanding correctly.