Real Estate

I think it would be cool to be able to actually sell a current beacon to someone. This way, you could simply sell the beacon itself, and the player that is purchasing the beacon will become the owner of the beacon and control all plots connected to it. Obviously the receiving player would need to have enough available plots to make the purchase. And the selling player would have their plots returned to them. I understand this may be complicated to implement and wouldn’t be a priority item, but I think this would be a cool addition along with blueprints.

6 Likes

There will be a blueprint selling feature in the future. Probably at least

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard about the blueprint feature. I love that idea as well. But as someone who’s lazy and not super creative, I’d like to be able to save up and purchase a building from someone that is creative and talented and not have to try and replot the damn thing:p
Perhaps beacons could have a removable chip of some sort that is tradeable. Once removed, it will have no effect expect to be traded, but the person that puts it back into the beacon will gain ownership of it. Then it could be traded for items or coins

2 Likes

Plus I’d like to see blueprints craftable in single, bulk, or mass, and be labeled with the amount of copies made. Then you could know if you are buying something unique, or large numbers of easy to build basic homes could be sold for cheap to new/poor players and such.

1 Like

I think it would be cool for being able to trade beacons … think of building a house in a growing village. Cool to have and nice to stay there … but what if the village gets an metropole and you don’t like that crowdy place anymore? … just leaving would be sad and without any gain … but if someone wants to buy the place (may be a new citizen or your neigbor to grow his own ground and house) why not? … allways better then the method of “first trade, then fast removing and let the other place his plots” because with bad luck some guy can sneak in and ruin this method :wink:

3 Likes

That’s the point of the beacon chip. Because trading beacons wouldn’t make sense, since they have to be placed to work. But if they had a chip that was removable and tradable that could somehow be used to change the owner (such as if someone replaces the chip into the original beacon it came from, they now own it) would prevent someone stealing it at the last second as the beacon would have never been removed

2 Likes

Something along the lines of how Trove handled home bases could work well, too. (In Trove, you’d build your base on a home plot, and then whenever you went afield, if you found an empty home plot, you could ‘summon’ your base to that spot. You could only ever have one copy of your home at any point, to prevent re-re-re-summoning your home to dupe rare materials / machines.)

Builder X designs a home, and it’s saved to that blueprint chip. Nonbuilder Y buys the chip, goes to his own plot, slaps the chip down – and up pops the home.

It’d be awesome to be able to, say, buy Builder X’s Awesome Temple Blueprint, then embellish it yourself, but even before getting to the ingame economics of it, it might be too much of a code headache to figure out how to keep it from being an easy way to dupe materials.

I don’t like the idea of buying a chip, then placing wherever I want and boom the base is in that location. The idea of selling real estate this way is to build beautiful home in amazing location, or humble homes in busy areas, and sell not only the build, but also the location.
In order to take the build eslewhere you would need to purchase the blueprint, take that where you want, and use the blueprint to recreate the build from scratch.
One way you would pay for the build in a set location both are now yours ready to go.
The second you would purchase the blueprint, gather the materials, and rebuild it in your ideal location.
Both have ups and down but I think it’s important to keep them separate.

3 Likes

I also don’t think being able to move a base to a new location just because you want to fits in either. Considering you can build any amount of beacons and potentially have dozens or more builds anywhere you want should be enough in my opinion. Plus they can always be connected by portals. Just my personal thoughts though. Thanks for the input. I’m glad people like the idea(:

2 Likes

I am going to add to this suggestion. I like the idea, but how about doing it this way by thinking of the blueprint as just a design. So, for those of us who can’t design a nice looking house that is even close to some of the things we have seen either on youtube or screenshots, said folks could buy the blueprint but have to put in the work to gather all the necessary materials to make the building happen. Materials can either be traded, mined, or crafted for to put into the “blueprint”. When it is complete you can place the building on any plot you want. I see 2 things that come out of this, those who like to design and build buildings can actually make some thing out of it, and those who can’t gets the opportunity own a piece of the awesomeness. Its a win-win situation for both. And, it also means that those who can’t build nice awesome looking houses does not get a free ride (in a manner of speaking) but still have to put in the work to build it, not to mention the feeling after that of having been able to do something more then just buy and plop the building down. Additionally, it could open up opportunities for others to make and sell blueprints and props for the building. That way, even though those who can’t design well can actually have some fun of decorating their own building and maybe modify some stuff as well to make it their own.

this whole thread can get filed under “things i really wanted, but didn’t know i wanted until i read it” the blueprints are awesome, the idea of adding whats basically a real estate market is awesome. and the number of copies thing was a stroke of genius honestly.

1 Like

This is essentially what I’m thinking with blueprints. But I think that if you want to use blueprints, it should only be an outline of some sort and then you would actually need to place every block. Just like an actual blueprint. You don’t just collect the materials. You hve to actually place them as well.

2 Likes

They number of copies came from my player written books idea. I’m obsessed with it:p
But thank you I think the real estate along side blue prints would be awesome!

1 Like

The only reason I was thinking of just putting in the material and not having to actually place the block was because I am currently doing some cliff hanging to build something. I tell you, its almost as scary as the real thing, just maybe not to the same degree. And, to someone else who may be fawning over a nice cliff hanging house by someone else but can’t bear the thought of trying to hang over a cliff to build it; he/she could just buy the blueprint, put in the mats, and find a place to place the building. Well, maybe he/she should have to hang over a cliff for a few minutes to place the building but thats it…a few minutes. Otherwise, either ways is fine, its still blueprints being implemented and everyone gets to have a piece of the awesomeness. And then as we all start exploring the world we will go “oh look that was so and so’s design”. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you – getting a blueprint for a really awesome house, and then meticulously rebuilding it according to plan, would be super fun for me. Having it instantly spring up would appeal more to the people who just want to live in the awesome house, rather than build it.

Either way, getting real estate into the game could be a lot of fun. : D

2 Likes

For those people, they will have to purchase I finished home;) hopefully this idea gets some love cause it would be awesome!

1 Like

I’ve already sold and purchased a few properties in boundless with the existing plot system- just by talking to individuals and making sure I have the plots required. It’s certainly doable. Maybe a beacon-ownership transfer option?

4 Likes

It’s totally doable now and that’s essentially the idea. Except being able to just switch it over doesn’t fit in with real estate. Considering I could give someone my property, and then they could decide not to give me the items/coin in return. Or I could take the items/coin and not give the property back in return. Forcing a trade screen when selling property ensures both parties get what they expect at the same time preventing an easy way grief someone.

6 Likes

I have had my concerns about that as well. My thought was to only do buisness with reputable players but obviously that does nothing to fix the potential problem. Still, I tend to favor approaches that require the least amount of redesign and coding.

3 Likes

Can’t blame you for that. I don’t know anything about coding or making games. So I can’t relate to that aspect. I’m just a huge fan of the game so my ideas could be more difficult to implement on that end. but I have a few good ideas here and there;)