Really, just venting about %#*&$*^ on steam

Can’t use the words I want, so used symbols. This is just a vent, rant about some immature, asinine (can I use that word) so called adult players who are mad at this game, the developers and then get upset when you respond and don’t support them. This is on Steam, not here.
Okay, the developers made promises that have not been met; YET ! Give them a break, they are trying, they didn’t dump the game, run with the money and go, sorry, stuff happens. The did NOT Lie, Cheat, Trick, Steal from you or other players!

They have made changes, they are adding new stuff, hopefully, they will add more later and are working on some problems and have mentioned they are looking into other problems.
Cut them some slack.

You are going to call them liars, cheaters, thieves, and you tell lies to everyone and don’t expect those who know the truth to prove you are lying? Then rant at them?

You come on and make rude remarks about the problems you are having, then don’t come to read the helpful responses and then pop back on and state how many hours you have played and tell those who responded to shut up, you have more knowledge than they do?

I politely responded, told them to grow up and stop with the entitled attitude of the present generation and those of my adult children. And some other polite words on what they said.
Should have also asked them about comparing costs they spent on this game $40 to $60 and other things they could have done with that money.

And have asked them this, how many hours did you play? Did you enjoy those hours? Look at what it cost to go to the movies and compare it. Which one comes out ahead. You can wait a year and come back to the game and play some more, wait another year and come back to see what has been added and play more. You can’t do that to a remake of a movie that you though was lousy.

I bought the Deluxe version, I have already, in over 450 hours got my money’s worth, I can’t complain, I can offer suggestions, and maybe whine about some things I’d like to see changed, but it would just flat out be wrong, unfair and down right Rude to trash the game because of it.

Now I have a headache from reading the posts there.

7 Likes

The generation bashing needs to stop. All of it.

But I hear ya.
I just choose to ignore it. “Haters gonna hate” and all that.

4 Likes

I understand your frustration. Some of the Steam reviews are just wrong, and made by players who misunderstand the game.

“I mined for 3 hrs and there was no Silver!?! 1-star, game broken”

When they were mining on a Lvl1 Planet. And other similar negative reviews from people who thought they were playing Minecraft 2.

Best thing to do, is to flag the reviews fairly. Negative/Positive whatever. If the review is true, mark it as “Helpful”.

I think the problem is that most of them expected everything, and they expected it now. Most of us are of the patient breed. I’ve waited 5 yrs for Star Citizen, and I’ll prolly wait another 5. Boundless is a “Worth the wait” game, it’s just one we get to play as it develops. I like that. And I like the fact that the community has input in it’s direction. Good or bad, that’s kinda cool.

5 Likes

In some ways I agree, my attitude to the kids of the “entitlement” generation can go overboard. I see it so much. Am a member of several forums and communities and see it constantly.
I even see it in my generation, senior citizens. Why do we deserve a discount because we are over a certain age? I refuse to accept them, I’m no better than the young couple who are struggling to make ends meet, they need the discount more than I do.
I know that a lot of seniors live on fixed income, don’t have a lot of money. But ironically, hubby and I are better of financially since he had to retire due to work injuries and now can draw our Social Security. So, I refuse to take those discounts, I don’t need them.
I’m just tired, tired physically, mentally and frustrated with the attitudes of others at time and wanted to vent. Better to vent then hold it in, that just makes more stress for the person.

3 Likes

No disagreeing there, but just keep in mind, like yourself, not everyone from a certain generation is the same. Generation blaming causes a lot of unnecessary hate and stereotyping. It can even be considered a hate crime.

I know people from all generations. They are good people. But there are bad eggs as well. Don’t let those few bad eggs spoil how you feel about the rest.

As for the Bad reviews, good riddance to them. If they have such a narrow mindset, then I don’t want them in the game community. The decent players will either stay, or the ones taking a break will come back once there’s more features. It’s like pulling weeds.

(And I’m tired too after a looong and huge family gathering for Turkey Day. Have a good night, hope you feel better tomorrow. =] )

2 Likes

Saint words.

2 Likes

The internet has simply provided proof that humanity, like water, always seeks its lowest level. We’ve always been this way, it’s just that the internet has democratized communication so it is no longer filtered by a select few. Turns out we’re a lowly wretched bunch that didn’t really deserve to come down from the trees and survive.

The good thing about Boundless is that at least in-game there is no newb-ganking or venemous hate speech. Stay away from internet forums and just play the game. I know it’s just the matrix, but the steak will taste sooo much better.

2 Likes

I stupidly keep going back so I can give info that will help players who want to play but don’t know what to do. If they don’t know how to do something they can get mad, quit and trash the game. If a game deserves I just let them go, but when it doesn’t I want to defend it.
One person had posted a question in a thread and I gave a answer and he responded that he felt better about the game, didn’t know any of that. So many believed the nasty remarks of the pay to win and when I told them that there was a misunderstanding and how it worked and only if you wanted to get a huge amount of plots and wanted them now would you ever need to buy any. You get more than enough from playing the game to give you want you need.
Some were going, okay, that makes sense and may have then bought the game.
I use the forums, communities, steam and youtube before I buy a game. I still goof and buy games that I shouldn’t have, but that is my fault, not the developers. If I am going to buy Early Access games, it is a gamble if two years later I will be able to play the game. Some I will never, due to my health problems, be able to play them. Or phobia, spiders, no, if there are spiders, I won’t play it. Phobic over them.
Rambled on enough. had just wanted to vent, there are a lot of good people on Steam, normally I can ignore the bad ones, but this time, they got to me.

And kudos to you for that.

I still post in hate-filled technical forums (cf. gamergate) because I think the only way to beat back the forces of darkness is with cool but constant light. It does my soul no good to hide just because it might hurt to speak up.

I have a snoot full of games with less than an hour of play on them because it turned out they’re just not for me. My bad.

Some games I have judged by their cover (anything looking like anime or a violent killing spree or requiring realtime interaction with other humans) so I might have missed what could be my favourite game ever. My bad.

It’s always a risk, but I have found poor correspondence between Steam reviews and whether I’ll enjoy playing the game. I take full responsibility for my choices.

1 Like

As a developer, I’d NEVER put my games on steam or similar site where people may ruin my game by making these childish negative reviews. @#!$ steam. I can’t express how pissed I am when I read negative reviews on boundless when someone says all this bs.

1 Like

I mean the game is still rated as “mostly positive” so I’m not bothered by a few trollish reviews.

Ofc not. But its no denying that its an evident trend in the generation. There is no denying that.

Meh, everyone needs something to complain about. I don’t really notice a difference between the generations.

2 Likes

Then your not paying attention.
Ive had a life were progression have been differing from normal and ive had health issues that put me outside the norm of my generation.

When your outside and looking it becomes really obvious.
The self centeredness is abhorrent!

Ofc there exist geographical and some social groups outside the flow but still…

Ive also worked as a a teacher and takin studies at an later age at universitys with some really age homongous groups studying certain subjects while myself attending classes with a big age diversity and denying this change in people is not good.

One of the best people to ask to get pertinent information on the subjects are immirgrant and other groups and minoritys who are alot more suceptible to the consequenses of these changes.

If your life is pretty much A4 then you wont notice that much, you might even be part of it without noticing.

The point I was trying to make by my post was that maybe this isn’t the best place to bring up all of your (and others) generation hate. I’m sure they have groups on Reddit for that.

2 Likes

Now why are you labeling my opinions and life experiences as «generation hate» you really want to go personal on this?:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: what an unfair attempt to lable me as biased and even trying to discredit and redicule the thread too!:pensive:

Your behaviour right now isnt really dissaproving my point :joy::tipping_hand_man:t3: so thanks for that.

Also ofc its relevant to talk about how changes in society effects a game.
I mean this forum even has an off-topic section for everything thinkable.:v:t2: So your just being patronizing with your comment and thats maybe something YOU​:angry: should bring somewhere else.

I know theres alot of patronizing and wonnabe edygness going on there.:smiling_face:
You might fit right in.

But if you ever need some materials or forged tools swing by my shop «Tomir’s» and ill give you a great price! :wink:

I know i replied in more or less the same way, but trying to prove a point here.

Wow, this is very telling.

1 Like

The old have always looked down upon the young. I’m getting older too and starting to feel the urge to judge youngsters for all the ■■■■ that happens, but I fight it.

2 Likes

Yeh, but this is not some random repeating rant like: «youth today are so wild & crazy we werent like that!! Huffppuff they do nothing good!!»

I mean in many areas youth today have bever worked harder in certain areas. And they are more educated and less criminal and less violent. They are alot less «up to no good» the before.
All good things.

But they only work hard for themselves, and they really dont take it well if their hard work isnt rewarded like they envisoned.

They are entitled and really self centered.
The chase for social status and the chase to to the top have never been uglier and at such a young age as we see today.

Cyber bullying for example is just way beyond anything we have ever seen before. That in itself is proof of what the «whole world» is saying.
Ive lost one student from it.
A problem which followed them from an old school.
The scope of this problem is huge.
And its just one of several subjects.

Im not blaming the kids though, im blaming tv, social media, parents and especially the advertisment industry. I mean its everything around them that shaped them that way.

Ive been involved in this subject personally and professionally.

Not mad at anyone here though :slightly_smiling_face:
People who work with this have a real problem of getting people to acknowledge and take this problem seriously. I mean everytime someone dies of it creates a window of opportunity to get some funding to implent countermeasures but its not serious enough yet for the general public to take it seriously.

And im not that old, im almost thirty.

Ah, thank you. That was something I wanted to say but also didn’t want to risk adding more fuel.
You seem to have been stuck in some very unfortunate situations and seen first hand how ugly it can get. I respect you for that.

Probably something we can all take from this is 1) yes, this is a problem. 2) it’s a matter of nature vs nurture 3) try to help other generations, (younger and older) think outside the box they’re in (without being negative about it)

As a parent I’m working very hard to raise my daughter to be a wonderful and kind young lady. It’s heart-breaking when she comes home talking about how the kids are bullying her. (And yes we already have been dealing with depression and that downward spiral–but we’re overcoming that, after years in GRADESCHOOL). We make sure to talk to her often and explain how and why kids do the things they do, how it’s ok to be upset, but don’t let it overwhelm. Always forgive, and if certain ppl just don’t stop, walk away and forget them. She’s even helped some other students dealing with similar issues.
We shape future generations. We can’t change all of it, but we do what we can. And maybe we’ll get a small domino effect going. =]

1 Like