Recipe for Portal blocks

I was able to use a few of the permanent portals on Therka as well as in Pixelgate, so I believe that someone can create them and can keep them stable for a longer (?) time.
Release annoucement 157 mentions “Portal blocks” and other items being available and craftable on the workbench. I currently have the complete set of those 5 machines up and running attached to a spark core also. But there is no recipe for portal stones?

What am I missing which inhibits my playing around with a nice portal link from Therka to Septerfon? I found such a link yesterday but it is FAR AWAY from my base, I want my own portal…

Please help and clarify.

http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/portal-conduit

2 Likes

Thank you for that link. I must have been blind…

I guess I need atleast 6 for each portal? I will start playing with it when I have crafted all portal pieces.

No worries :wink:

And yep, 6 pieces for each portal for a distance of 1 hop (Therka to Septerfon) or 9 pieces for 2 hop etc.

You’ll need Oort Shards as well to power the portal. 50 to open it initially, then 1 per hour (for 1 hop portal) … 100 to open & 2 shards per hour for a 2 hop portal etc.

Ah fine. A final question: is the 1 shard per hour elapsed time or "time when it is used/actively doing a transport?

Elapsed time

Thanks to all answering, I have build two portals for testing, was able to link them and have fired them up for a small test period (1 hour) to also check what “refuelling” means.

Lokks like the protal is closed again after consuming the shards and I have to pay the REOPEN fee of 50 shards to re-activate. Bad for me .

How are player working with these permanent portals in Market place / Pixelgate. Do they have large groups hunting those roadrunners to have hundreds of shard which obviously are need every day ???

You can maintain portal opened with fueling it by shards. Small portal (6 blocks) uses 1 shard per hour. Somewhere here was a values for bigger portals.

A lot of higher tier creatures drop the shards, hunting tier 5 spitters for the chance for blood + shards is a good way.

The guys who run the portals have “donation” plinths as well - so you can see them buying oort stones for 1 coin each close to the portal. So as huge community effort - everyone can do their part to help fuel them if they use them.

In the future people will be able to set a fee for others to use their portals, but until that time it relies on people being honest and donating.

1 Like

It also helps living on a harder planet where you are constantly being attacked by high tier creatures as you’re trying to build ( :tired_face: ) you get a fair few of them that way!

2 Likes

Looks like this problem already resolved.

They still come and find you when when they do respawn. Just takes a little longer for them to get there now!

Also, hunting in ring worlds is efficient. Hunt for a while and you already got enough shards. True that we receive donations, but those make up about less than 10% of what we got. It’s just a matter of planning some of your time for hunting.

1 Like

I didn’t want to start a new topic, and this question seems to be relevant here; if I were to take a token from a destination portal under my beacon, and give it to another player, could they open a portal on their own beacon to mine? If so, is Villager status required?

1 Like

as far as I know there can only be one link to any portal so you always need to build a pair

1 Like

They can do it. I don’t think there’s a need for Villager status.

1 Like

Great! This will come in handy. Thanks Dz.