I am in process of compiling a list of my own suggestions for Boundless, which I urge others to do also as I’m sure it can only be beneficial for the devs. As long as they’re realistic - no flying spaceships plz
Make low level ores (copper, iron) scarse on high level planets:
When you reach “end game” and have an 3x3 AoE hammer, you tend to go mining for gems and hard coal. But when you look in your inventory, you also have stacks of copper and iron, for no reason other than “it was in my path”. So this ore will most likely be thrown into storage, smelted for exp or just sat in a shop stand which will most likely not sell due to the abundance of it due to this reason.
So how about if you wanted iron or copper (for building or selling) you’d have to go to the lower tier planets to do so. Because as a fresh character leveling up you might want to go mining to make some coin or to start compacting iron for a build idea - but your hit with the realisation of "why should I waste my time searching for 100 iron per hour where I could wait and go to higher tier planets and get stacks of it. So…
- Increase the value of low tier ores.
- Increase player interaction. You’ll have more experienced players running into newbies on the low tier planets.
- Give newer players a better way to make coin.
- Give a reason for players to visit low level planets other than exploring for exploration sake.
- Add a new meta to the game where you don’t necessarily need to progress to “end game”, you could very happily build, mine on low tier planets and be making decent coin to buy materials you’d only have access to if you join the end game activities. (I’d personally enjoy never setting foot on a tier 5+ world if I was able to make decent coin/add to economy without doing so (I do enjoy the high tier world’s, but this is hypothetical))
- This will also give a demand for AoE Iron/Silver/Gold tools
Getting your character to a high enough status to be able to make coin efficiently, get iron/copper/coal efficiently can sometimes feel like you’re being left out of a club you don’t really want to be apart of.
How I Invision it working:
Tier 1: Copper is common.
Tier 2: Copper is common, iron is rare.
Tier 3: Copper is uncommon, iron is common, silver/gold is rare.
Tier 4: Copper is rare, iron is common, silver/gold is uncommon.
Tier 5: Copper is super rare, iron is rare, silver/gold is common, gems are rare.
Tier 6: Gems are more common, silver is less common, iron is rare
Tier 7: you get the idea
This idea of keeping low tier resources on low tier world’s can apply to hunting. I don’t think think people go hunting on tier 5+ planets to get stacks of tallow and blood. I feel like it would be cool if you wanted to get tallow you should have to do some low level hunting / meteors. This would also open up more low level hunts, which more people could take part in. And would also reduce the supply of low level resources which will therefore increase the demand and therefore the price.
Thoughts? I’m open to any and all questions