"REDUCE" low level ore from high level planets?

I would like this idea.

1 Like

Yeh definitely, the metrics would answer that question for sure :slight_smile: Would you rather have to use the Silver/Gold or would you rather sell it? Like to someone who wants to build with it or make tools for low level Iron/Copper farming? :wink:

I actually use titanium tools alot. Well atleast hammers and shovels. Also I mine for iron on higher level world’s alot.

1 Like

I’d rather sell it ofc :smiley: But I suspect titanium is an important part of copper/iron & silver/gold sinks, they’d keep piling even more if titanium didn’t require it. But maybe that could be balanced by this very suggestion, though it wouldn’t be a simple thing to get the spawn and usage rates balanced.

1 Like

I keep all my copper and iron. I use for prestige hidden behind walls and in corners.

1 Like

I’d just add compact titanium blocks so we have an alternative to titanium alloy for building.

Fair enough, I have 0 opinion on prestige - hide it in a Wildstock for all I care :joy:

1 Like

I think on low tier worlds you get less iron etc. per block, so it’s nice that high tier worlds have it.

I know, I aint worried about prestige enough to mess up my build. But i sneak them into corners where no one will ever see lol.

1 Like

That’s my point, reverse that

If I could get the same ore per block on a low tier world I would absolutely mine there with my AoE diamond chainsaw hammer!

1 Like

Thats where youre messing up. I mine iron on merika. But i use silver hammers. cheap to forge and crazy fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you wouldn’t end up using a Diamond ‘chainsaw’ because that would be an over-kill you could just forge a silver tool as @Unciviled said and I’d be cheaper and actually faster with the action speed. Meaning the demand for low level forged tools would go up

1 Like

I would only use diamond so I could 1-hit the resource blocks. I’m using a lot of rocks as well right now, but I’ll have to give forged silver a try. Been playing since launch but I’ve never forged :joy: I’m a slacker.

1 Like

With a miner build. Silver is 1 hit also. its only a T3. I can 1 hit w/ iron but it isnt as fast

1 Like

Not a slacker, I don’t like to forge either - not my thing really. But I do buy forged tools :slight_smile: yeh with silver you can one shot the blocks, and if you forged AoE with hard hitter you could one shot AoE I’m pretty sure

1 Like

I’m not sure about the distribution of resources you suggest, wouldn’t this make it kinda boring and less realistic? If you only get 1-3 types from planets.

I like that you are trying to bring a dichotomy and make people interact, but maybe they can introduce other ores and gems instead of “nerfing” the ones there. Like new resources: give low level aquamarine and aluminum 1-2, mid-low gets quarts on 3-4, mid-high gets lead, 5-6 gets magnesium. Or something, which would bring more recipes and blocks, and not cause issues to current metals and gems.

There are plenty of other gems, ores, and earth elements that can be added. If we find less while mining I feel like that might make it less inticing?

A list of other materials that can be introduced:

Tin
Tungsten
Uranium - power use
Mercury
Chromium
Limestone
Obsidian
Azdite
Nickel
And many more.

Again I think adding to the game is better than changing what’s there, at least until we get more resource types to mine. I do use all the iron and copper that I mine from high levels and even exos. You need those to make alloys. So I always run out. I think lowering quantities will just cause more “grind” issue for others.

You could even heavy load the 1-2 tier planets with new basic resources like give them 4 or 5 resources only found on those tiers, but dont change what is there just yet.

Edit: and then some complex recipes with low tier new mineable resources for increased exchange like you want.

4 Likes

What I suggest isn’t the straight up removal at all, it just making certain tiers the most efficient for certain ores. So you can still get lower ores on high tier planets but if you want to specifically target those ores, you’d get a higher yeild per hour on a lower planet. Because atm there is no point in mining on low level planets, meaning the only reason to gather on those planets is early game progression (which will take a day to get past copper) and building.

(I love the look of Xa Frant, level 3 EU lush world, and would love it if mining there, scaling the huge walls, was actually beneficial other than being in awe of the scenery).

Plus adding more things to basic tools/weapon crafting would have the opposite effect as it’ll be just adding things to recipes for the sake of time sink.

The reason I’ve used copper/ore as an example is because tools are forever needed. Unlike Minecraft when you get mending you no long need to look for diamonds - Boundless your tools WILL run out (which is great) so you’ll always need resources.

@molav

Edit: to reply to your edit -
You need to keep things on the simpler side. Adding all those would be very complex. I don’t like to compare to other game because Boundless is not. But Minecraft was hugely successful, especially with kids, and it only had a hand full of ‘tiers’.

I think adding more metals would be a great idea!
More decorations, blocks, equipment

2 Likes

Tbh I think the way metals are included into planets right now, is fine.
It’s fun to be able to collect metals, coals, while getting gems or rocks.
I don’t see a need to change it around.

4 Likes