Regail me with the Wonders of Boundless! please?

Hi there, i am, or will be, or MAY be a new user to the world of Boundless.I just haven’t been able to decide if i want to spend the money on another early access that may or may not be stuck in development.I have spent the last two days reading through the forums and seeing what people like and what they dislike about the game. I have watched some very nice videos( the world looks beautiful btw)I have been a major Minecraft fan for about 5 years running now.I have been playing some Creativerse,and i love both those games, but when i stumbled across Boundless i thought to myself “this might be THE game” but i am still on the fence, particularly due to the comments in the forums.I wish there were a way to visit Boundless before investing that amount of cash but as with all early access i know, its a gamble. So what i ask is tell me why you play,make me want to spend money on this game that may or may not be “the” game( oh Citadel you let me down). Thanks for your Time and I hope to see you all in world .

Baes

1 Like

The building system along with chiseling is unmatched. You can make, create, and build in soooo much more detail then in any other sandbox game out there. The game is absolutely without a doubt worth every penny in my opinion.

9 Likes

I’m one of the few that lists Boundless as my first voxel building game. I watched others from afar, but the look of Boundless drew me in. The wonderful community, fantastic building and excitement for the future keep me around. I started in January and the amount of changes and updates to the game have been almost unbelievable. Zero regrets about buying into early access. Even if I were to never touch the game again, (not going to happen) I would have already gotten my money’s worth and more.

11 Likes

This was also my first voxel game and is by far my favorite. After playing Boundless for a few months I also started playing Creativerse and eventually started playing Minecraft a few months ago. I really enjoy the community in Boundless. The creative flexibility that we get from chisels is amazing. I love the way portals work and being able to see through a portal before walking through it and then the seem less transition when walking through a portal to a whole new world. I love the ambient sounds and music that play in the background. I love the echo effect from hammers when mining in the caves. I could go on and on about things I love about this game. But the main thing is the community and the developers are very good at listening to the players and fixing issues brought up by the players and they are doing a great job of adding additional content to the game.

7 Likes

One more thing I really like is the way the world regenerates so we don’t run out of resources.

7 Likes

The bad: It’s definitely still rough around the edges and will probably be in development for some time to come. Biggest put-off for me (to be aware of) is the fact that the world will be reset at some future point.

The good: That said, it’s easily the most time I’ve sunk into a game (and fun extracted) for me in the past couple of years. I’m at 500+ hours already and would be even higher if not for crazy work weeks. If you’re even remotely interested in building / exploring / economy then this is the place for you. The community is great, patches are frequent, (most) bugs are promptly fixed, developer interaction is real (almost daily) and there’s enough already in the game to keep busy for a decade or more.

8 Likes

This ^ and i would like to add that while slopes and other non-square blocks are available in other games… they are often implemented as individual blocks (inventory nightmare!) and are a pain to use (cluttered action bar / excessive item switching)… the system in Boundless is very accessible as you place blocks and shape after… don’t like it? break it and it returns as standard block.

also smart stacks make inventory stupid convenient as 891 like-items can fit in one slot (or up to 9 like-tools)

right now Boundless is a amazing block building / mining game with an amazing community and budding economy

there is a wip leveling / skill system allowing for quite a bit of customization that promotes specialization… you can have up to 3 alts atm so you could do everything yourself… if you don’t mind leveling extra characters… however some see this as a barrier to enjoying the game since that takes time / you can’t unlock everything on one character

combat is a bit light atm however some vital resources come from hunting and doing so in groups is advantageous as each player gets their own loot… what creatures that are in the game are unique and interesting, but once you learn their behavior and level up… they are little challenge.

what Boundless IS lacking is a story, endgame (bosses / group content) and other things to keep you busy beyond your own building/gathering ambitions (Quests? Farming? etc)… although the same could be said about almost any block building game

i would deffeintly recomend the game… i have over 1100 hours on it so far and it was

for me ^^ and i have hardly played anything since

if you are shaky on EA games then i would recommend waiting, but if you like playing games that evolve as you play and it’s developed, then i would say go for it!

11 Likes