Regen Bombs, Botting and the Economy

I regen farm with my wife and friends one of us throws the bombs while the others farm a resource. I like it this way so I can get a good quantity of the particular resource. Main reason for this is because I hate to run out of a particular resource or color in the middle of something.

Its not just regen bomb, most forge system are way too powerful.
Things like aoe tools, weapons make everything become way too easy.
This why 85% of the materials are very cheap nowday.
Only those material people can’t get benefit from forge tool are still worth some value.

But I don’t think Dev should nerf it.
Forge system shouldn’t be exit at first place, but until today its already 2 years.
Nerf or Remove this system will cause massive players quit.

As result, I don’t think there is a solution for current econ at the moment.
You can only spent more time to gather large amount of those cheap mats or spent some time to explore for those beans. Only exception is shard because those are still very high demand.

3 Likes

Game encourages to use regen farms because of way crafting recipes are set.

There are many things that: brews, aoe tools, skill pages, that combined makes whole regen farming good way to get wanted items faster.

To me coins are much tied on time spent in game and regen farm is just one way to do it.

Interesting topic…well if this game gets any more grindy. Because regen bombs don’t exist or our so called overpowered tools gets nerfed . I am out. Things are cheap not because of regen or tools…maybe because everyone keeps out doing the other…economy is cheap because of shop scanner and other shop tools…everyone chasing the cheapest. But then say economy is bad. Pretty funny.

3 Likes

I voted to keep regen bombs as they are. The reason being is that a lot of the statements in favour of increasing the regen time seem to be based on the premise that only one person would be farming at a time and going from location to location in a loop - which would work fine.

However, this wouldn’t work when there are multiple people all vying for the same resources (especially on exo worlds where they have limited time to do so). It’d just be a case of whoever gets there first. Something that I am very much against. I honestly can’t see anyone throwing a regen bomb in that case, if they’re not guaranteed to get a return from it.

I think there needs to be an online presence, either automated or manual, that can deal with reports of botting.

I’m sorry, but this is a bit of a logical fallacy to be honest. I don’t think botting is the reason Hopper Core, Bones and Adrenal Glands hold their value at all. The reason is most likely to be that there are less people hunting now, and those that still do hunt regularly are likely either using the resources themselves or selling to a limited number of buyers.

How about instead of removing regen bombs, they just move all block drop resources to the world resources distribution/regen and have them seed other blocks randomly (as ores do) and then have them visible within the sides of those blocks.

We have several blocks which don’t contain any seeded items… 3 x foliage types, sand, 3 x soil types, gravel to name only a few.

Remove the static high value resources so that players are not static.

At least this way, people are still able to get standard building materials at a decent speed.

7 Likes

Still feel this way

Also here good reply from @Fallon

Farming Concerns - #9 by Fallon

1 Like

That’s a great idea, because imo something needs to be done about Regen farming, specifically for the embedded resources. I suppose my gleam example wasn’t good because I see gleam as its own resource too, which it won’t be due to more planets and therefore for gleam. Much like how spray paints are on the rise which will reduce the price of exo rock/wood :slight_smile:

I think the thing I dislike the most is the meta of getting the resources that you can get from break blocks like growth, mould, gravel etc. Where the boring and bottable way of doing it is bar FAR the most efficient way to gather said resources. And I strongly feel that it should not be that way. But I do not want to take away from people ability to get building blocks by any means. :+1:

1 Like

We need another way more efficient method to gather those mats that will stop the botting…

2 Likes

Thats the thing… experienced players know how… what and where but looking this from new player perspective its like coming to a wall street with a 1 euro in your pocket.
I have always been against regen farms and i always prolly will. Maybe cause i did play the game when there was no regen bombs… and i liked it back then

2 Likes

Since gleam is not a resource then changing how the resources are done will not solve the botting problem with gleam. So the players botting just move to gleam globes (the censor did not like the word b*lls) and such so it moves the problem instead of solving anything. And if you change regen then you make the game more grindy even for those that are not botting. And how many players are botting for xp versus having resources to sell anyway? XP means levels, levels mean cubits and cubits mean plots.

Farming them perhaps?

1 Like

Is there a programming or coding trick to shut down Botting? :thinking:
The problem with changing the gathering is you’re going to affect some aspects of the economy. I absolutely hate the forging part of the game but I am not calling for changes to it because it would negatively impact the game economy. It would also negatively impact players that are good at forging. I don’t bot. I can’t bot on PS4 and refuse to play on PC because I hate Windows. So I don’t think punishing players like me for those who do bot is fair.

With that said I leave you with a gem from the 80’s:
Mr. Roboto by Styx:

2 Likes

I ain’t reading all 121 comments but I have seen afk farmers. I even stood next to one with my loot sticks out. He didn’t seem to mind… . Cuz he wasn’t there.
It seem to me that the devs could fix the game to detect this and boot offenders. It’s simple. When doing this the clicks have to be exactly spaced out on time. When the game detects this so many times in a row (say 10) then it just sends them to sanctum.

7 Likes

How? Only thing it does is it just slows the progress of making forged stuff.

No. This would not work… too easy to write a script that uses variable timers.

2 Likes

It aint cheating if you dont do it yourself :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

But the script would have an exact pattern right? Detect the same pattern and it boots you.
Just throwing out ideas.

1 Like

It’s never wrong to cheat a cheater. Of corst im Neutral good.

4 Likes

We just say it goes to Munteen IV transfer station foundation.

3 Likes

I suppose anything is possible. To be honest, this problem is so far down on my concern list I’d much rather devs focus on fleshing out the game then something like this.

You can write a script that runs for hours before restarting the pattern again. That’s not a rabbit worth chasing in the games current state imo. Lets get the game fleshed out more and added more, and then maybe before a big advert push in a year or two, they can focus on this sort of thing,

It just seems like wasted resources for a problem they will never fix without removing regen as it is currently, which isn’t going to happen I dont think.

5 Likes