Regen-Farm Shapes

So I’m wondering how important it is for people what shape a regen farm has. Currently doing the first steps of creating a Sedi Farm on my new planet.

So… my question is: You prefer rather perfect rectangular shape or can it be also adapted to get the most out of whatever block type it may is?

• Perfect rectangle
  • Adapted shape

0 voters

Thank You in advance for voting! :blush::smile: That poll will help my studies and influences my upcoming farm(s)

4 Likes

You don’t design the Regen farm…the Regen farm designs you!

I go with the flow of the farm :joy:

6 Likes

I think as long as it is basically squares put together it’s fine

2 Likes

I like having a perfect rectangle to make it easier to have a rythm with the rows, but with something like a sedi farm, I can imagine going with the flow could be a necessary evil. I would still prefer a marked one-regen-bomb area, though.

3 Likes

I would prefer a longer one though
I don’t like regen every five secs

2 Likes

My Regen farms on my new sov look like I was drunk when I made them. And I’m not saying I wasn’t :wink: lol. I firmly believe in going with the flow but in my case I just suck at picking spots.

6 Likes

When i clear out/farm I usually tend to go in straight lines. Up and down.

Mostly because i can do that without paying to much attention. Up, down, up, down…

Also usually do it with a 3x3 tool especially when i have to farm blocks. So tend to go to farms where i can go up and down per row without waisting my 3x3 on air (or waist blocks).

But that is what i do :wink: also don’t go exclusively to preferred farms only :wink:
If i need them blocks i need them regardless of the situation :grin:

5 Likes

Tiny update to my current farm; so what I would come up with, would be kinda like a “d” shape. Yes a small “d”. And yeah unfortunately there’s a cut out in between, z-shaped and 4 plots big :confused: sadly necessary cause of a hole in the floor… those caves giving me a hard time… anyways, the rest is pretty neat. Forgot to count the size plot wise before logging off but one run gives You 10SS Sedi.

3 Likes

My gravel farm is like that, if you all have a problem with it… then dont use it lol thats all i have to say about it.

2 Likes

My sedi farm on Houchous I (Absolute Brick) is SUPA basix innit.

Two down. That’s it.

But I am adding a second prong to it … and / or extension.

1 Like

Great farm 100/10

2 Likes

20210707_225731

So that’s a compromise between perfect rectangular and adapted. I didn’t add on purpose some plots that would mess with the shape but not being a huge benefit. Therefore added 4x3 plots addition to make up for the cut out in the middle of the main pattern.

Also, thats the color at the moment:

Cold Tan

What do You guys think? I find it a shame to cut out more to get a nicer shape. It would be a big loss. Though I understand that something like that could be annoying while farming. So happily receive your opinions

I suggested cool violet next color change people also put those skills to making a good meta farm I People would love that and then we can vote for colors specifically cool violet
(Whistles)

1 Like

Colors will change over time. Like I told @Fuzzybear1919 my wishes are also some nice bright and whitish colors like cold berry, luminous taupe but also others and more vibrant colors will be on the list :+1:

As for other farms like meta, I really need to look whats possible on my very limited strata slice patterns. Some spots seem nice and big but turn out bad, like I had already with gravel. Meta is on my list indeed. Wish me luck ^.^

I do mainly because it’ll benefit me
Mainly want meta for the marble

here is my sap farm

and its funny shaped so you can regen 5 trees with 2 bombs
https://puu.sh/HhttU/ce4cc7d6fb.mp4

2 Likes

another view

1 Like

Thats a very cool setup!