New Features:

• Exposed loading bar.
7 Likes

oooo…:bacon:

3 Likes

For the uninitiated … L.B = ?

Edit: Ah-ha - makes sense now :smile:

1 Like

This is probably the best thing in the game!!
I’m too hype!!:hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Woah there, let’s calm down now. Slow breaths… don’t hyperventalate.

2 Likes

Is it beacons? i dont have time to check but i want to know in case anybody asks.

lol the original post was like 5 lines of text :wink:

Just exposing the loading bar this time!

Ah, nice, thanks for telling :smiley:

Why is it necessary to make an update just for the loading bar o.o
Will the post be added soon and more then the loading bar as content of this update will be exposed? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some players were reporting that the game was failing/hanging (and then refunding/-'ve reviews) whilst it was still streaming assets from the server.

On first play the game currently streams ~210MB of assets and the game didn’t communicate this in any way. Bad us. We wanted to get this fixed asap.

7 Likes

Apropos Loading Bars - @James I has question:
Is it possible to program a loading bar which actually shows off the period of time which it takes to load a game/item/download?
By this I mean - most of the time loading bars are a rough indicator how much data has already been loaded, BUT not an actual or precise indicator how long it takes until dataloading has finished.
It should be like this: The loading bar should fill in a consinstent way until data has been retrieved. Not jump from 10% to 20% and then all of a sudden to 60%.
It is a thing I’ve always have been wondering about, because I think it is possible (maybe I’ve already seen it before) but nobody tries to implement it this way. It is not an excting subject, but somehow this topic alwas has left me wondering and thinking. It probably also depends on the machine running on and its specs.
Mh…kay. Thx.

This progress bar is limited by the downloading bandwidth of the game’s connection. Whilst the speed can remain constant, and hence allow the game to make an accurate prediction about the remaining loading time, it can also vary (or stall) making the prediction inaccurate.

Ultimately it’s impossible to perfectly predict the duration remaining.

1 Like

Thank you! Happy for your reply.
Btw. - chocolate christmas calorie packet is on the way. I know you all should keep slender and healthy, but I could not resist to send in some chocolate. Will take a while, but it is my effort to keep the developers happy. Chocolate never fails. At least from my own point of view. Thanks again.

Hi all, i want know when is the beta release of the game, i buy the Trailblazer and i dont recibe confirmation and nothing :frowning:

Have to say, that the game takes longe to start since the loading bar update.

Your purchase was on Jun 11th, you should have received an email confirmation then.

Beta will be next year.