Release 115: Beacons and Trading Now Live

Are the new crafting recipes permanent or placeholder?

Whew. I was really freaking out there for a sec. Thought Bacon would be lost forever! Ugh man, don’t do that to me…[quote=“ben, post:1, topic:3304”]
Beacons are no substitute for bacon.
[/quote]

How do you split stacks? e.g. I have 12 Gold Gleam and only want to give 4

Edit: Ok. Looks like it has to do with click-dragging a selected stack (and the longer you hold it the more move over to the new split)… ? :sweat:

… I find it hard to control, and in any case there should be another mechanism used during trading. I shouldn’t need to drop a stack from a full inventory (free gift), just so I can split a stack before I trade it.

1 Like

I like it so far and in the last hour of testing everything worked fine. But the # is a bit low (i know it’s not final yet) and i hope it will be increased dramaticaly till 1.0. At the current stage the # would be equivalent to a 18 blocks edge length beacon … not very much … that’s not even a mid sized house …

i hope this is wont become “pay-to-build” …

it would be good if we can controle the pick-up with + and - key. As far as i can see it we can only “pick-up”. But if we have a stack of 99 Items and like to trade 15 and miss the point we have to start again … i think we need a way to put items back and i think it could be easy with ± keys :slight_smile: or right mouse down or something.

Last but not least i have to thank you @Devs for the performance gain (or at least i have the feeling). I have +20fps with the same settings.

Finally got a new laptop and i see the recent news on my steam account, cant wait to try the beacons out in a lil bit, thanks Devs :cry::open_mouth:

But what if i trade beacons for bacon, can i do that?

Do both players needs to initiate the trade by pressing ‘E’? It seems to me that after opting to trade with someone, I am left in an actionless state while I wait for them to respond. I can’t seem to do anything else during this time, even cancel the trade or use chat.

At first I thought the game had bugged out, so I quit and relaunched, only to find that it happened again. It eventually went into the trade window when I guess the other player also pressed ‘E’.

Has anyone else experienced this?

In answer to your first question, no, only one player needs to press E to start trading for both players.

In response to the rest of your post, when you said that you were left in an actionless state, did the other player press E to start trading, or did you press E? Also, how long did it take before the trading user interface appeared on screen?

You can press E to leave the trade as well.

I pressed E initially and was left unable to do anything at all - there as no trade window, and I was unable to press any key, including E (which was the first one I tried).

The 2nd time I tried, again I pressed E to initiate the trade, but it took several seconds (maybe 3 or 4) to display the trade window. Once the trade was completed, I was able to go back to normal control again as expected.

I’ll try again this evening as it may have been due to my wifi signal getting interference, or possibly down to being on a US West server whilst being physically located in the UK.

If you happen to get the same issue again, press the Tab key and see if the Inventory takes around the same time to appear on screen.

I sense a lot of trolling coming once the game gets more populated.

5 Likes

:cry: okay. I am leaving see opens door

We have a plan for this. But decided it wasn’t required today.

5 Likes

From other games (I can’t exactly call which ones, but multiple) I found right clicking to deposit one item to the slot you are hovering over was quick, easy and and an overall good experience for deciding how much to move. You can either pickup the whole stack and drop x to the target space or just drop everything-x back in the original space and the rest to the target. Combined with the “hold to pick amount” it could serve to fine tune the amount after over-shooting.

i recommend putting trolls at one server and let them troll each other! and install cameras. so we can have some fun watching them.

3 Likes

We’ve got some plans for picking up item amounts. Didn’t make it into this release, but it’s coming eventually :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds awesome

So vacuuming is not going to be the final mechanic to split up stacks?

I’ve been trying to extend a plot by pointing at the top edge of my existing beacon and right-clicking. All I get is another beacon (when I’m holding a beacon). When I’m not holding a beacon I either hit something or add a block of whatever I’m holding. I don’t think I’m doing this right. Did anyone post a video of using the beacon plotter?