Release 158 - Report issues here

Game crash
This has happend to me three times now so I figured I would log it as a potential bug.
While shooting and killing a spitter and then changing to a different tool while moving forward or backwards with the w or s key all at the same time the game crashes. This all takes place in a supper short amount of time. I would say just under a second.
I asume to much is happening at tha same time and the game just cant take it.

@jsouthworth So expanding on the behaviour of corpses disappearing when you die/go through a portal. (seems to be a case for all entities including creatures, mined/dropped items, not just corpses)

I just realised that if another player is in the local chunk(s), this stops this behaviour from happening. Creatures are visible through portals whilst a player is active on the other side as well, where as they aren’t when there’s no one on the other side.

I guess it’s a case of all entities being regenerated when there’s no one in the chunk. So in my opinion it just needs an idle timer of a few minutes added to the despawn process :slight_smile:

If I’m not mistaken, one can chop a leaf block, place it again, re-chop it and have a chance to get more starberrys. Same for wood trunk and sap. I must assume this is not intended.

I also get this, mainly on Vulpto, but also other moon & ring worlds. Win10, nVidia GTX 970, Intel i7 CPU (model escapes me atm but if needed I can supply).

I assume that’s intended behavior? Being that the rock used to make the blocks was acquired from different worlds, and thus have slightly different tints.

This non-stacking behaviour also occurs with metal ingots, for sure iron and copper are two I have noticed, For simplicity sake, it’s prob best metal ingots are common regardless of where they were acquired. Unless there are plans for this somewhere down the road. :wink:

Boundless just insta-quitted whilst using the controller to grapple reel in, move with the stick and accidentally switch weapons with the bumper at the same time (thought it was “Reel-out” but i used the wrong bumper)

Log here:

I’m still getting impact damage from doors, just died whilst opening a door…

Just had a wierd bug - fell down a hole and ended up in a stream of water, took fall damage when I hit the bottom - but then my oxygen kept flipping from 96 to 100 constantly as if the game couldn’t decide if I was under water or not underwater (I was not underwater)

(cleared it by re-entering and exiting the water - but just thought I’d drop a note in here that it happened)

I’ve also seen this before but difficult to reproduce.

Maybe related, the damage indicator in the centre HUD can stick if you heal/take damage at the same time as walking through a portal.

Do you have a gist of the game log that you can provide, together with a crash dump?

Do you remember if you were briefly trapped on the door when losing health?

Can’t reproduce the issue. From going to the location in the screenshot, were you just standing on gravel blocks with no water?

Yes, only happens when I’m trapped in a door

Yep, I fell down the hole at the top, must have fallen 2 clear blocks and then fell into the vertical water funnel. I got “thrown” out of it at the bottom and took the fall damage, took 2 steps back to look around to check if there was more water since I could see the floating blue 4-4-4 on my screen, then realised I was totally clear of the water but my display was still flipping between lose 4 oxygen (down to 96), gain 4 oxygen (back up to 100), lose 4 oxygen (down to 96), gain 4 oxygen (back to 100). The game was trying to decide if I was under water or not underwater and it continued flipping like that for 5 minutes or so before I cleared it by re-entering and exiting the water.

I’ve fell down holes into water a lot before, never seen the game do that before so I am guessing repro will be near to impossible.

Thanks for the report, could you email us the crash dump as well so that we take a look at it?

We can’t reproduce the issue. You provide screenshots in one of the older posts showing where you were encountering it. Was it only happening for those doors, or did you experience it with other doors? What are the coordinates for the doors from those screenshots?

I’ve managed to reproduce the door damage issue by jumping when you open the door and then getting trapped on it when it’s open. When you then close the door again, after a second or so, you take damage.

Quite possibly only reproducible when you are physically lower than the bottom of the door (i.e. on a slope, or needing to jump to reach the door)

Sorry I didn’t save it, just tried to reproduce it and can’t.

Will send one next time it happens! Has happened more than once

You can check old crash dumps and see if one was generated around the time the crash occurred.

Thanks for the extra information, we can try giving that a go to see if it happens.

Those doors don’t exist anymore :stuck_out_tongue: I use trapdoors now but have the same impact damage issue.

It’s 100 reproducible by standing in this spot with the door CLOSED, then when you OPEN it, you’ll start the falling animation like in this screenshot:

If you wait long enough, you’ll see the landing animation and get impact damage like so:

You can also CLOSE the door instead of waiting to finish “falling” - same impact damage bug.