Release 169 - Report issues here

No. I was creeping in first person.

All the jumping abilities, and the edge climb. I think that’s 5 skills invested in total. I will edit this once I’ve confirmed in-game when I have the chance.

I noticed it with copper hammers only; it hasn’t happened with another tool yet.

I can’t load the game for some reason.

edit: image removed as issue was resolved

The game literally worked yesterday. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and switching between the testing and live servers.

Please restart Steam. This is likely a glitch in the Steam service. I would hope it starts working again in a few minutes.

When you said 1 hit chance, do you mean the hammer should have broken the rock block in 1 hit?

There definitely seems to be an issue with creeping up to Roadrunners, so we’ve noted this down.

Thanks for the reply, we have reproduced it, so we’ll log a bug.

Thanks for the information, we’ll take a look at it again to see if it happens.

1 Like

Suddenly I’m floating on top of the world while mining. Probably caused by sliding on a slope as I’ve been sliding a lot when this happened. Jumping returns me back to the cave but once I hit the ground again, I’ll be floating in the sky. :sunglasses:

After a while (I tabbed out of the game), I get kicked back to Sanctum (due to latency) then once I entered the portal, I’m floating again. I returned to Sanctum again (opting to go to Sanctum faster during latency issue notice) and I can see that the portal is now opened on the surface of the planet. Once I entered the portal, I crashed and here I am writing this here. :slight_smile:

Log files just in case needed: boundless_log.txt.floating · GitHub

Screenshot of me being a god then literally crashed.

Some more weird moments when this happened. I’m in the void alone with this planet.

3 Likes

What I meant is:
Gold hammer sometimes hits rock with ~600 per hit, and sometimes it hits with 1194 exactly, that seems odd, I just thought it might be miscalculated attempt at 1200. If it’s meant to be like that, than all is good.

Reinstalling Steam fixed the issue.

recent case

I haven’t played since until now so I haven’t had it happening to me again. We shall see in next half an hour or so.

My CDR is at medium (4) and CCS is at maximum (2). These are settings I applied after @james posted advice on how to beat rubber banding a while ago. I tried all possible settings there and I believe I have it optimized for my computer and connection. I experience very little rubber banding since (even near lava on distant servers) and my game play have improved. However, on certain days I just get slow network messages and can’t play for several minutes, or there are issues like the current sanctum transfer, and before that I had problems with portal lags etc. - all of them basically issues that a lot of players experienced (as unusual for their normal daily performance).

Do you have a crash dump generated about that time?

Thanks for the clarification. That probably may be intentional, @olliepurkiss can explain more about it.

Is this continuing a discussion from that topic about rubberbanding?

Thanks for the information, we’ll add this to the database. Let us know if you do encounter the issue again.

2 Likes

it was an answer to @james posting in Release 169: Tweaks, Fixes and Performance!, but I decided to place this answer here to not go too much OT there

1 Like

Thanks.

Please try reducing your “Chunk Download Rate” to “Low” and let us know what effect this has.

1 Like

ok, so it has happened once and I have a screenshot from sanctum, but there was a delay of course, as I had to hit debug first and then make the screenshot. I have played with debug on after that for some 30 minutes, but guess what, the issue hasn’t happened again.

At least I wasnt suck in the floor there. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok, so around 20 minutes on low CDR and I got a few go-to-sanctum moments and have been thrown straight to sanctum just now and got stuck in the floor. Screenshots below are showing being stuck situation around 3 - 5 sec after being transferred to sanctum.

My calculation from base hit being 683 with a critical effect of 75% added, results in 1195.25.

That’s kind of in-line with the 1194 we can see, although it’s off by 1…

1 Like

I finally got it working guys. Double check all your drivers.

The thread “Feedback on sloped surfaces on 168”

Dying from mountain side meditation: I was climbing a mountain on Vulpto, side is generated mainly from sloped rock. At one point my connection lagged a bit and character went into sited pose, in that pose it just went sliding down the mountain until it hit the ground, built up inertia killed me in place.

There’s a bit of jankyness when walking up a ramp and partially facing a wall. The screen shakes horribly (like you are mini-jumping) and you start to fall (mini-jump/slide) backwards even though you are holding down the W key. I think this started happening after recent ramp updates to make them more slippery. It’s fairly consistent but not always. It’s easy to repro at my current location.