Release 195: Centraforge Gear and Epic Skills!

Ok that I understand. I have the same concerns on having to level 100 times past 50 in order to spec two more skill sets. Might have to use alts as much as I dislike alts.

2 Likes

Has anyone actually unlocked a second skillset to know how it works? I first read the patch notes thinking that when you get an additional skill set you can respend your existing skill points in a different path. Kinda like a soft reset. Is that not how it works?

Coal is still super-scarce in caves after the hotfix. I’ve just spent 15 minutes running around caves without seeing a single piece.

Best way to find it right now remains bomb/aoe mining at altitude 0-15.

EDIT: Also no coal along the sides of mountains. Vulpto’s surface is also completely devoid of surface resources.

It would appear that the resource issues are still present.

My main is a level 50+, I have 1 skill set (100 points) plus an additional 26 points which I can’t use at the moment because I haven’t got a second skill set which costs an additional 600 cubits which so far I have zero of. Each new level past 50 is 200,000 xp … i’m up to 183,000 so far. It will be interesting to see how many cubits I get when I do level up, I’m pretty sure it’s nowhere near 600. I don’t do community hunts so my progress is slow to say the least. Since the update and the introduction of the arcade elements I have to admit I am finding it harder to find the motivation to log on and pla y as Netflix is becoming more appealing plus I have a few other games that I haven’t played yet that are now also looking more interesting.

Edit: Managed to get the extra xp points to level up by decimating the local wildlife within a 100 mile radius :grin: and just to confirm it is 300 cubits when you level up … so only another 200,000 xp to go before I can use my extra points :smiley:

Hi guys,

I can’t edit the OP, but I’m sure James will when he can. We released a small hot fix this afternoon with the following:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when interacting with the forge
  • Fixed a crash when a player stops crafting in another players machine
  • Fix for obtaining a valid player Entity pointer that does not have a player component, which caused a crash

We expected to release more fixes, but unfortunately we ran into trouble with some server issues, which are being worked on tomorrow.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I’ve just used the centraforge for the first time.

Two things came to hand as first time user, even at lvl 50.

I needed two skills (again) to use it. One to make the machine, another to make the basic ingredients. I really feel the basic ‘make the engine’ skill should include the basic items to even USE it.

Secondly. Using this at the lowest level of items and ingredients, which is what I’m trying, as would any freshling to the centraforge whilst levelling, feels pretty bad. The chances of boons seems abysmally low.

Perhaps (and I realise this is probably way too late), lower level shouldn’t be more rubbish chances of getting boons, instead it should limit the max of a boon, maybe only 1 level per boon can be done, and it should always produce quirk ‘energy’/chances.

Just my thoughts. I know on 1.0 I won’t bother using it as it stands, until I’ve maxed out the ingredients ability and other skills required, so as not to waste time on getting total trash/nothing at all.

6 Likes

I do think it’s too easy to get good items in Centraforge as well.
I’m planning on sharing some thoughts on balance soon.

So you have played from a completely new character (level 0) and farmed everything from levels to materials yourself with no help from others, buying materials, etc, and you still think it is too easy?

I’m just asking for clarification. I haven’t tried it from scratch myself yet.

1 Like

I have used Centraforge with skills available around lvl 15-20. Used only pure compounds. Ingredients needed for those can take some time to gather but not crazy amount of time. I was getting iron hammer for example with three perks that nearly double its durability and triples it’s speed action and gives a nice attraction range.

But as I said I will share more details in a few days.

Ok, I did a quick try of the forge again and forged an iron slingbow. I first used 3 gums to increase chance (no idea how much) of effects, and 10 level 2 pure boon compounds, I managed to get about 4 hits and 6 misses, added 3 Boons I think are all in the effect category. The first boon “Heavy-Weight Projectile Boon” I hadn’t seen before and is not a good boon. Adding 10% damage is good, but -10 projectile speed and greatly increased fall off was extremely bad. The second boon increased critical damage 30% something good. The third boon, Devastating Damage Boon, added 20% damage, I thought that was very good. Stability was low when I stopped and applied setting resin. Slingbow now does more damage than a titanium but has almost no range because of the heavy weight boon which I think of more as a negative effect. Stood about 20 meters from a wall and compared projectile trajectory: titanium reached wall dropping about half a block. Heavyweight rolled out of bow and did not reach wall, dropped more than 3 blocks, you would have to aim really high like a mortar to reach max range of 20. This is 1 part good and 2 parts very bad, is more like a quirk than a boon.
If it wasn’t for that heavyweight “boon” (with boons like that, who needs defects!) it would be nice. The slingbow has a nice sparkly effect too.
Oh, I had 15 power from 5 advanced modules on the forge, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to apply enough ingredients to do much of anything.

2 Likes

There is a boon removal ingredient so whenever sth you don’t want is there, you can delete it and free boon slot.
Also you can boost your compounds with boon boost paste 2 to have more hits.
Try to make pure compound 3 your main weapon and the weaker ones you keep just in case.

Do those boon removal ingredients use stability and the other limiting thing? Vigour or vitality? Because I didn’t have much stability left to play more. I can see doing that for a boon you just don’t want, but I don’t think there should be bad boons there are already quirks and defects.

One other bad feature of the forged slingbow, it no longer stacks with other iron slingbows, no more smart stack, it requires a whole inventory slot for itself.

Even though that one boon is more of a quirk or defect I was able to make something.
The gums seemed to have effect. Last time I tried on test server I only used 1 gum, but got got 9 different boons none that were the group the gum was for.
How 9? They kept changing during forging and setting. That was why I quit trying then.

2 Likes

yeah, I noticed that and i wasnt too happy :confused:
There is a bug where a predicted boon (one shown first) changes to another one. Apart from making it all look weird, it doesnt affect the process and how it all works.

The ingredients I mentioned all use vigour and stability, some only vigour.
Good thing to do is to start with vigour bonus, then add boon bonus - that costs you 200 vigour and 200-220 stability but you will get 250 vigour over 5 rounds from the first, and 50% more boon points from compounds thanks to the latter ingredient.
So in the 3rd round you start using pure compounds 3 - the first round already gives you 750 points if you have 100 effectiveness. Thats 75% chance for hit right away. If you miss, than use pure compound 1 (150 points with bonus) to top up the bar. In general - use pure 3 when the boon points bar is below half and pure 1 when the bar is above half.
So within 4 rounds when boon bonus works you will use 4 compounds - maybe all of them 3rd level, amybe mixed 3 and 1.
After that (6 rounds) you will have used 400-600 vigour (but also gaining 250, so you would be safe even if you have less than 500 to your disposal) and 400 - 640 Stability (depending on how many pure compunds 3 you used).

Do you have that kind of Vigour/Stability when forging? (400-600) If yes this set up will easily get you 3 hits. If you have around 100 Stability you should be able to use another vigour boost and boon points boost and run a few more compunds, gaining 2-4 hits more.

2 Likes

How do you target specific boons that you want to remove or change? I was under the impression that each time you spin the bit in the middle and those line on the left bounce up and down it just randomly affects each of the three slots that have boons in or are empty if you’re still trying to get some.

I actually havent tried the removal ones yet, so thats sth to figure out for me. It might be it works from top, so from the traits added last. Just a guess atm though.

Usually (at least for quirks / defects) it only removes the one added in the previous spin. When I tried removing a defect 2 spins later, I wasn’t able to, so by the looks of it, it needs to be done on the spin directly after it is added.

1 Like

thats not ideal - you remove one and then you get worse one after; being able to do it at the end you could at least pick which one you remove if you have more than 1

1 Like

If we can pick and choose things then that is not RNG… so we should not have any selection process in this. You should have to execute the removal immediately afterward to remove it… that is already deviating enough from an RNG process and allowing customization.

hmmmm, yeah when I think about it now…

No! RNG is bad! It’s evil!
lol everyone has differing likes and dislikes.

1 Like