Release 198: Aim Assist and Masks!

Will we be getting different character races to choose from in the near future, personally if I had a choice between the old character choices we had before and those now I would choose the old ones … nothing against the new ones but I just don’t find them as appealing.

1 Like

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Not in the immediate future, but more character races is definitely something we want to do in the not-so-near future :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@jesshyland Am I right in understanding that we will be able to change our characters for free the first time but then any changes after that will cost cubits?

Edit: I’m guessing by the no reply that means that’s not going to be the case? :neutral_face:

No reply means I don’t know, sorry!

1 Like

The system hasn’t been designed yet, so no one can say for sure what’s going to happen. However, we always have an in-house policy of doing right by the community, and people have talked about giving free character changes when implementing major changes like that.

9 Likes

So I’ve just spent a couple hours playing and testing the changes to XP. You’ve effectively destroyed leveling. Leveling, which was already extremely painful, and only saved by the fact bomb mining was good, is now horrendous. The increase in XP to ores is negligible in comparison to what you got from blowing up rocks.

I was all for the XP removal for chiseling or building outside beaconed area but ruining bomb mining XP to such an extent missed the mark. I’m fairly certain that getting my alt to 50 will now take months instead of days.

2 Likes

How long do you think it should take to get an alt to level 50?

2 Likes

Do we get more XP for mining rock with higher armour (ie on higher tier worlds)?

4 Likes

For someone with a lot of experience in the game and using well-tested efficient techniques, I’d expect getting to level 50 from level 1 to take a few weeks - which is what it took for me to get Dhusk to 50 starting on August 16. I believe I hit 50 around Sept 1 or 2.

I really think we should. it takes way more hits (or having to make/get better gear). that deserves more xp, which is valid (and needed) for higher level players.

4 Likes

Two weeks.

2-3 weeks using relatively efficient techniques seems very reasonable to me.

1 Like

that’s good to hear,saw alot of the concept art on the wolf and eagle race and loved them,can i ask who drew those races if you know.

Hell, that’s what I’ve been expecting for leveling my main character.

I’ve been playing a ■■■■ ton of the game on a single character, but have not been focused on min-maxing. I’m level 36 at the moment, and have put in roughly 80 hours.

will take me a fair while as i have 3 characters and i play by whim,some days i explore,other days i tweak my house or i’ll just go gather or pick fights with cuttlepunks cos why not xD

If you’re playing casually, then given the XP changes, I’d expect 6-9 months to get all three characters to 50 given the XP changes.

1 Like

ehh id say i play like 6 hrs a day,not every day but prob clock 35-50 hrs a week.

Ah. I’d definitely consider that on the “hardcore” side of things hahaha.